MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Goole SEO plugin nightmare problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, i installed google seo on mybb1.6.3 but then when i try and open a forum or a thread it takes me to a 404 Not found error

I followed the whole guide but in my plugin settings it says :
Meta is disabled. (Configure)
and below that it asks me to enter stuff into my htaccess file that is already inside it

would that have anything to do with it?

please help me out as i am struggling with this for a couple of hours now

Attached is my htaccess and functions.php file.I have renamed the .htaccess file to MyHtaccess.txt so i can upload it here i the forum

thanks

at plugins page in admin panel, does the Google SEO suggests to add the rules to htaccess ?
if so did you add them AND have you renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess (note the dot)
ok i added the lines it was telling me about into file found in www.hospitalitylive.co.za/forum/.htaccess

but now i still get the "Meta is disabled. (Configure)" error
please note that http://www.hospitalitylive.co.za/forum/.htaccess is setup as a vhost on my localmachine and is not live yet
The "Meta is disabled. (Configure)" error is in the plugins page in admin panel,
The error i constantly get when trying to open a Sub-Forum is:
The requested URL /forum/Forum-a was not found on this server.

can anybody help please??!?!?! this is killing me!!!

or does anyone know of any other good SEO plugin for MyBB?
Google SEO plugin can be used for below purposes

Quote:1* Google SEO 404 (3 Settings)
404 error page settings for the Google Search Engine Optimization plugin.

2* Google SEO Meta (4 Settings)
Meta tag settings for the Google Search Engine Optimization plugin.

3* Google SEO Redirect (4 Settings)
Redirection settings for the Google Search Engine Optimization plugin.

4* Google SEO Sitemap (10 Settings)
Sitemap settings for the Google Search Engine Optimization plugin.

5* Google SEO URL (15 Settings)
URL settings for the Google Search Engine Optimization plugin.

you can use its settings to configure for utilizing any / all of above functions
ok then but do you think the Google SEO Meta being disabled would have nothing to do with my seo-friendly urls not working?
Your rewrite rules don't work. Check if your webserver supports rewrites.
i did a test yesterday to check if apache mod_rewrite was enabled on the server and the tests all passed...I could use a different url to access the same html file.

just to confirm...I have the same .htaccessfile in both /public_html/ and /public_html/forum directories

is this correct?
Google SEO only expects one in the same dir mybb is in (which I guess would be your /forum/ dir for you)
i have it like that but it seems it still not working.....what else do you suggest i check??
(2011-07-25, 03:59 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Your rewrite rules don't work. Check if your webserver supports rewrites.

I can't tell you any more than that. You have to be able to use rewrites in order to use the URL component of Google SEO; the plugin itself already does everything it can to help (shows a plugin status and tells you which rewrite rules to use). If the rewrites do not work then it is a problem with your webserver configuration.
Pages: 1 2