MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding "mailed-by" in email subject
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I contacted my host and it turned out that SMTP was being blocked, but that issue is resolved now.

This is something relatively easy. When MyBB sends an activation email, it shows the email for the subject instead of the website name. This causes it to still be marked as spam.

Is there a way to fix this? I'm using cPanel but don't see an option to modify the the subject.

Thanks! Big Grin
Disable "Add message ID in mail headers" option in ACP -> Configuration -> Mail Settings, and see whether your problem is resolved.

And what's meant by "it shows the email for the subject instead of the website name"?
(2011-07-25, 05:29 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Disable "Add message ID in mail headers" option in ACP -> Configuration -> Mail Settings, and see whether your problem is resolved.

And what's meant by "it shows the email for the subject instead of the website name"?

You know when you receive an email it tells you who sent it? I'd like it to show the website name instead of the sender's email address.

Currently, emails look like this:

[Image: testfad.jpg]

Instead of "deputy" I'd like to put my website's name. I'm using Google's SMTP service as well.