MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who's online error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
site: www.vampirecounts.net

Problem:
There appears to be a problem with the who's online stats. Where it states which users where on for the last 15 minutes, it is showing this incorrectly. The attached is an example where it shows the wrong number of users, where there should be more shown.

I also had a plugin which showed the number of users in the last 24 hours, and this stopped working. It was only showing about 7 users, which had been online at various times over the last 24 hours (they did not all come on at the same time).

I have disabled this plugin for the time being, but the who's online is still incorrect.

Any ideas?

IN the who's online it conuts also the Bots o(Google, baidu etc....)
Even with that, there is still an error.

Can anyone help with this? The problem is still there.
The page on the right is the list of who was online today, not who's online now.
Yes, it was to show an example.

Basically the list on the right gives the times when people were online. So I checked to see who had been online in the last 15 minutes, as I believe these should be the ones showing. It showed a much larger list than it is actually showing on the index page.

If you go to my site (www.vampirecounts.net) and have a look it makes sense. Look at the index, and it will only show a couple of people on in the last 15 mins. But click in and look at members on in the last 24 hours, and it shows there were many more. I know this is right as well due to the posts.

Cheers
^ most probably this is your webhost's issue - might have run into a bug recently !!
Could be an issue with the sessions table but then again it wouldn't show up on the Who's online today page
(2011-08-02, 01:03 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ most probably this is your webhost's issue - might have run into a bug recently !!

If this is the case, please can you advise where it is most likely to be? That I way I can direct my host to take a look in the right area.

(2011-08-02, 01:04 PM)Jag100 Wrote: [ -> ]Could be an issue with the sessions table but then again it wouldn't show up on the Who's online today page

Please can you advise the best way of checking if this is the issue?

I really want to fix this asap, so if you let me know what needs doing to pinpoint the cause I am happy to do the necessary tests.

^ please see this Who is online don`t works fine ;
though its a different issue it was the server glitch ..

AND there were a couple of more threads like that - here is one
My host has come and has said they do not know of any reason that should have caused this. They have not altered my server settings recently (apart from removing me from CloudFlare - don't use that service!!). I don't think this is the issue as I was with CloudFlare for about a month, and this issue started just before I stopped using them. After that the issue is still there.

They have also not started using any proxy servers etc.

They will look into it, but they are not fully upto date with MyBB, so they are not sure where to start looking.

Are there any suggestions that my host can follow up on, or anything else I can test to see if it is an issue with MyBB itself?

Cheers
Pages: 1 2