MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Post Count Limits Search!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Donnu that I guess correctly, unfortunately I had not enought time to see source code but I faced this problem in this conditions:
Conditions:
I have a user that have 3 post. I know that he have 3 post in fact! but one of them posted in a forum that have "disabled post count" option.
that forum that is 0postcount, is hidden. i am member of a group that have access to that forum but my membership is in additional groups!
Bug:
I search for all posts of that user. but just 2 public post of him appeared. I dont know that is there a problem of his post count that affected limitation of search query, or , problem is in additional groups forum access by any chance {low probability}
regards
imei
I haven't been able to replicate this problem.

My test forum has got a section like this, where posts don't count towards the users post count. I post in it, and click on my profile, and it says I have 0 posts. i then click "find all posts" and it comes up with the one I posted.

Which version of MyBB are you using?
I wonder how you have access to that forum, with an additional usergroup that doesn't have access. it can't be
DrPoodle Wrote:I haven't been able to replicate this problem.

My test forum has got a section like this, where posts don't count towards the users post count. I post in it, and click on my profile, and it says I have 0 posts. i then click "find all posts" and it comes up with the one I posted.

Which version of MyBB are you using?
latest version!
but i have this problem! may problem is with additional group access be anychance?
thanks DrPoodle.
I also donnu that what zaher means. I am member of an additional group that HAVE access to that forum, not have not! :-s
Do the 2 member groups have access? i was refering to that one of them might not have access, and i was wondering how can you see the forum if it doesn't have access.
no! my primary group cant see that forum and my additional group have access to that specified forum! where is problem?
didnt do you make a private forum that wnat to gain access to a specified group (additional) but others cant view it? I , have severall groups and join users to them as additional not primary! BTW if only on of user groups of a member have access to an area, he can go there! is'nt?
thank you for your response!
Quote:no! my primary group cant see that forum and my additional group have access to that specified forum! where is problem?

How can you go into that forum, if you primary user groups doesn't have permission? in any case you can't access it.

So if you search for his posts, you will not see the posts posted in that forum in any case, but you already can't access that forum.

Regards
WoW. what do you mean! I designed many forums with this mode!

if just one of member's usergrop (include additional and primary) have access to some where , he can go there!

for you, is it different?
well for me, if any of the primary or the secondary group doesn't have permissions to access that forum, then you can't access it.

As i remember that permission system will be fixed in 1.2

regards
Pages: 1 2