MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing text of the language
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://kaskiforum.com/index.php

I've been allocated to editing this forum, and i need to figure out how to change the text on it. It currently says

"Welcome to the Kaski Forum! In order to access any function of this section of the site, you must have a forum account and be logged in. If you have a forum account, you may login using the form below. Otherwise, you will need to register a new account."

I tried looking in the language files but couldn't find anything. Possibly looking in the wrong place. Sorry for the silly question, it's probably been asked many times, i just can't find the solution anywhere! Sad Hope someone can help.
Well, I'm not sure if this'll help or not. I did a quick "View Source" on the page you displayed, and it seems it uses the "error_nopermission" template. I tried searching for that specific message you have, but it may be different from the basic install seeing you have a custom skin and I was using the default templates/files to check things.

The messages for that particular template are found in the messages.lang.php under inc/languages/english, so perhaps check there to see if you can find that message? If not I'm not really sure where else it could be unless your template happens to have a special language file or that message is being caused by a plugin of some sort.

Or I'm just blind, but I went through the language files on my install probably about five times |D; Hopefully I'm of some help at least.
I found it, yeah. Thanks!

Not to be a pain though, there's another text i want to change. It's this:
"Your registration must be activated by an administrator. Until then, you may not be able to post on these forums."

Where would I find that? I have literally searched all the language files (obviously not properly Big Grin). Any help?

P.S: We have no plugins installed, only that template that you can see.
Ah i found it! Big Grin It's in member.lang.php. Many sorry guys! Big Grin But hopefully this'll help someone.