MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google adsense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just recently got my adsense account setup, i hope this isnt in the wrong section. Now that i have my account setup, but how do i integrate it into my forum with ad banners and such.
Just create the banners, copy the code and paste them where you want to show on your forum.
ok in the html or is there a mod to install in my ftp?
Fastas, I searched the internet for a while on how to accomplish this on my site and in the end I added the code for the ads to the templates, like the header, index, forumdisplay, etc. templates. I saved a copy of the original template to my hard-drive in a text file so if I messed something up I had a back-up.

There are also mods but I decided it was better for me if I made manual edits.
just copy and paste html in header template, footer template and you can also use the plugin below to show ads in first post, it is premium version of http://mods.mybb.com/view/postad-lite
You can always just put the code into template files, but it might be easier to manage via a mod. Pirata Nervo has a good one which was posted above- my advertisments.
Hi again, Fastas! If you are finding this whole thing overwhelming, make sure to read all of the help sections of your AdSense account. It's really easy to set up an ad using the wizard.

First, decide exactly where on your site you want the ads. A bit of research can be very helpful here. Do a web search for optimizing adsense on a forum.
Next, decide what size of ad you need for that area.
After that, use the AdSense Wizard to get the right size ad. You can also choose colors for that ad when you set it up. Later, if you decide you want to change the colors you can edit the ad rather than create a new one.

Then your next step will be to determine whether you want to use a mod or edit the template files. Mods are great, but after experiences I've had in the past with mod conflicts I do everything I can without mods, then use mods for only what I truly need. You'll probably want to experiment some with the ad placement so I suggest putting your forum into maintenance mode while you work on it.

Also, make sure you have back-ups of all things you're editing as well as back-ups of all your forum pages, especially if you're using a mod. It's time consuming to create all the back-ups needed, but less time consuming than it is to have to completely reinstall your forum and restore your database if something goes wrong.
I've already had it since log and just put the code given by adsense in my header templates of my theme,

Demo:

www.reach2starz.com

You don't need any plugin for this.