MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Inkscape?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, it's me your favorite...Whatever I am in this community. Here to ask you some more questions.

I am getting back into web-development and design, but I was wondering....You wouldn't make a premium template using GIMP would you? By premium I mean really good looking, and that you would put a price tag on it.

Or would you rather use PS or inkscape to make high quality images when selling websites?

And I mean more than HTML/CSS/JS, I mean a full blown website, PHP/ASP/Perl included.
Wrong forum.

Any way, I don't really see your point, I don't think it really matters what you use so long as you're comfortable using it. For example Justin uses GIMP from memory without any problems.

I probably wouldn't use Inkscape though because if I'm not mistaken that is a vector image program (like Illustrator) whereas photoshop, GIMP and fireworks are bitmap image programs which are generally better suited to designing on the web, though vector image formats are starting to appear online, SVG files for example.
I freaking love inkscape. I would never try to use it for a web design though. It's just two different worlds, it'd be very hard to do unless your very familiar.
i like using inkscape. has anyone ever seen almost all the screencast of heathenx?

http://screencasters.heathenx.org/ definitely worth viewing.
Inkscape's good for things like icons but I wouldn't use it to lay out a whole website, especially an image-heavy one. Photoshop's layering system is much more design-friendly. Inkscape's layering system (and indeed the whole GUI) is kind of half-assed compared to what it could be.
Hello...

Yes i also used it many time in designing with Photoshop. Its very good in use...