MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging Portal boxes to one box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-08-04, 01:24 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I think that you are maybe still not quite using the power of the templates - you should be able to change the separate portal "box" templates and still use them both in the index and the portal.

Can you post a copy of your index template html? Same for the portal.

Use it works in both but I was trying to get a single box for the index and multiple boxes for the portal !
Which is indeed possible. Post the HTML. You need to rebuild the boxes on portal - and remove them on index, so if you have

{$search}   	

And you have removed the "boxes" for the index then in portal you do this:

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead"><strong><a href="link to search">Search</a></strong></td>
</tr>
{$search} 
</table>

as I cannot know what changes you have made without posting some HTML you are making it rather hard to help you.
(2011-08-04, 07:55 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Which is indeed possible. Post the HTML. You need to rebuild the boxes on portal - and remove them on index, so if you have

{$search}   	

And you have removed the "boxes" for the index then in portal you do this:

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead"><strong><a href="link to search">Search</a></strong></td>
</tr>
{$search} 
</table>

as I cannot know what changes you have made without posting some HTML you are making it rather hard to help you.

Portal welcome looks like this :-
<tr>
<if $mybb->user['uid'] then>
<td class="thead"><strong>At a Glance</strong></td>
<elseif $mybb->user['uid']==0 then>
<td class="thead"><strong>Log in or Register</strong></td>
</if>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
{$welcometext}<br>
<if $mybb->user['uid'] then>
<span class="smalltext">
<a href="#" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=buddypopup', 'buddyList', 350, 350);">{$lang->welcome_open_buddy_list}</a><br>
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->welcome_pms} </a><span class="smalltext">{$lang->welcome_pms_usage}<br>
</if>
</td>
</tr>
portal Search is
<tr>
<td class="thead"><strong>{$lang->search_forums}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1" align="center">
<form method="post" action="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_search" />
<input type="hidden" name="postthread" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="forums" value="all" />
<input type="hidden" name="showresults" value="threads" />
<input type="text" class="textbox" name="keywords" value="" />
{$gobutton}
</form>
<span class="smalltext">
(<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php">{$lang->advanced_search}</a>)
</span>
</td>
</tr>
portal whosonline is this
<tr>
<td class="thead"><strong>{$lang->online}</strong>  <strong>&raquo;</strong><a href="online.php"><span class="smalltext">  [Full List]</a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
<span class="smalltext">
{$lang->online_users}<br /><strong> </strong> {$lang->online_counts}<br />{$onlinemembers}
</span>
</td>
</table>
</tr>
portal stats
<tr>
<td class="thead"><strong>{$lang->forum_stats}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
<span class="smalltext">
<strong>&raquo; </strong>{$lang->num_members} {$stats['numusers']}<br />
<strong>&raquo; </strong>{$lang->latest_member} {$newestmember}<br />
<strong>&raquo; </strong>{$lang->num_threads} {$stats['numthreads']}<br />
<strong>&raquo; </strong>{$lang->num_posts} {$stats['numposts']}
<br /><br /><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/stats.php">{$lang->full_stats}</a>
</span>
</td>
{$upcoming_events}
</tr>
as the plugin to display the boxes on the index uses these boxes I have little choice on using them for the display .. unless there is a way to add the above code to index and other default pages (forum display, and the editor) then I can remove the plugin and revert the templates as the code to display the boxes on index etc will be held in their respective templates .... try Portal, index and forum display
Ok, I see it. You are missing the <td></td> in your portal template to give the two column look. Just revert your portal template. JUST the main one - not the blocks. If you are worried you can always copy the html first and then do the revert.
Pages: 1 2