MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1364 - Field 'custom_profile_fields' doesn't have a default value
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I get the following error when trying to install MyBB 1.6.4 for the first time. I created the database through phpMyAdmin.

Quote:MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1364 - Field 'custom_profile_fields' doesn't have a default value
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_adminviews (uid,type,visibility,title,fields,conditions,sortby,sortorder,perpage,view_type) VALUES ('0','user','2','All Users','a:7:{i:0;s:6:\"avatar\";i:1;s:8:\"username\";i:2;s:5:\"email\";i:3;s:7:\"regdate\";i:4;s:10:\"lastactive\";i:5;s:7:\"postnum\";i:6;s:8:\"controls\";}','a:0:{}','username','asc','20','card')
One other piece of information: I have just tried to install MyBB 1.6.3 as new and it worked fine - I have this problem only with 1.6.4.
We're looking into it. It is an issue with 1.6.4. Smile
I have the same problem....have you finished this?

I modify the Table:mybb_adminviews -> feild:custom_profile_fields,allowed it to be 'Null',is that OK?
I'm confused by this (and new to MyBB).

I couldn't install 1.6.4 because of this error.

I couldn't follow the update procedure as I don't have an admin user or password yet - it's a new install not an upgrade.

You seem to mention these fixes are in the binary build you download - is this correct

Please help.
ok - well I've installed 1.6.4 bu adding this to line 1934 of install/index.php

"custom_profile_fields" => '',

this will get me up and running to play for a while. But hat is the definitive correct procedure. Is there a complete 1.6.4 build that installs as new correctly?

Thanks
Well that fix doesn't work. Neither does allowing nulls in the column. While the forums will install ok with these fixes, you can't do anything in the admin panel as it keeps asking for the username and password over and over again. Am I doing something wrong or is there something seriously wrong with 1.6.4?
Please do not post on different (unrelated) threads.
In my opinion they are related. Gratitude for my efforts, albeit only a small contribution, would be more appreciated.
I decided to revisit myBB and install it on a site. I downloaded mybb_1604.zip and tried to install it. I came up with the same error as mentioned in this thread 'MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1364 - Field 'custom_profile_fields' doesn't have a default value
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_adminviews (uid,type,visibility,title,fields,conditions,sortby,sortorder,p​erpage,view_type) VALUES ('0','user','2','All Users','a:7:{i:0;s:6:\"avatar\";i:1;s:8:\"username\";i:2;s:5:\"email\";i:3;s:7:\"regdate\";i:4;s:10:\"lastactive\";i:5;s:7:\"postnum\";i:6;s:8:\"controls\";}','a:0:{}','username','asc','20','card')'

Has there not been a build updated with the fix for this? This issue has been around for nearly a month now. What IS the fix for this? The page "http://blog.mybb.com/2011/07/29/mybb-1-6-4-update/" says "These changes have already been made to the main download of 1.6.4 – so it you’re still waiting to upgrade, now is the time to do it!" but I am still having the same problem and I just downloaded the program today. What can I do to fix this? I am unable to do an upgrade for the same reason krazykev stated of not having a Admin login or password yet.
Hi John,

I'm not aware of an official fix yet. Main discussions I have found have revolved around an upgrade from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4. However, the fix I mentioned above does work., which is

addithis to line 1934 of install/index.php

"custom_profile_fields" => '',

then run the install procedure
Pages: 1 2