MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Thread Fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just like profile fields, you can add, edit, and remove a field. I want the same for threads. Howver you cannot remove (but can edit) the basics as you already have on the 1.6 default New Thread. You can select:
  • Type of Field i.e. Selection, Paragraph, Text Field, Radio
  • Field Tag i.e. Thread Subject, Post Icon, Your Message
  • Default Input i.e. {nothing}, No Input, Yes, No
This is a forum for 2.0 Core Features, not plugin suggestions...
This seems like very complex core functionality. Seems like a plugin to me.
I expect Yumi will update the plugin, so I think my post was necessary.
Well you do know the plugin system WILL change, so updating the plugin may take awhile.
(2011-07-26, 08:43 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=288

(2011-07-26, 11:13 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]I expect Yumi will update the plugin, so I think my post was necessary.

rewriting a plugin like xthread for the new structure is going to be more complex and pain in the lime. I wont be surprised if yumi dont update it..
(2011-07-27, 02:19 AM)techu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-26, 08:43 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=288

(2011-07-26, 11:13 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]I expect Yumi will update the plugin, so I think my post was necessary.

rewriting a plugin like xthread for the new structure is going to be more complex and pain in the lime. I wont be surprised if yumi dont update it..

He's got a few years Toungue
I really hope he does, it's really awesome.
My site cannot function without XThreads, period. I'll stay with 1.6 if that means I can continue to use it.
(2011-07-27, 03:54 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]My site cannot function without XThreads, period. I'll stay with 1.6 if that means I can continue to use it.

I would hope that Yumi would update it considering how popular it is. But, otherwise I'm sure someone else would be willing to for the same reason Toungue.

Besides it's not like 1.6 support is going to be dropped right away.