MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP! (Very urgent)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just became an admin of the-chess-forum.com and was trying out installing new themes. Well, it was a mistake as I did something I did not want to do.

I have no clue what is going on or what to do. PLEASE HELP!
Looks OK to me.
NO IT IS NOT OKAY!!!!!

THAT IS NOT HOW IT LOOKED BEFORE AND NOT WHAT IT SHOULD BE!

(Sorry if I seem upset, I'm VERY stressed!)
The caps lock really isn't necessary Smile

Currently we're just seeing the default theme; as you've given us no indication on what you think has actually gone wrong or how the forum looked before, I'm not sure what you expect us to be able to tell you. Is the theme you had before still in the list of themes in the ACP??
It wasn't suppose to be the default theme. I want it back the way it was before I messed it up.
(2011-07-26, 09:32 PM)kohai Wrote: [ -> ]It wasn't suppose to be the default theme. I want it back the way it was before I messed it up.

Do you have some way to show us what it looked like before you changed it?

no, sorry. I am just really upset and stressed. Please do forgive me. Does anyone know how to install a new theme? I cannot figure it out!
As I asked, is the theme you had before still in the list of themes in the ACP?? If you didn't manually delete it then it should still be there... otherwise, to install a theme, you just need to upload the images that come with the theme to a new folder in ./images/ (the readme that comes with the theme should say what to call it) and then import the XML file in the ACP.
No, it was not the theme. I accidently deleted the other themes. OOF, I'm sorry, just completely upset.

It was a completely different theme
"MyBB could not find the theme with the file you uploaded. Please check the file is the correct and is not corrupt."
If you have a database backup that still includes your old theme, you could import the backup in a new database (locally using WampServer or XAMPP), export the theme from there, and reimport it in your board...
Pages: 1 2