MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trashcan forum & topic tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I agree; you can simply make your own trashcan forum if you really want one. I guess it can be fun to have a sort of archives for naughty posts. :/
You can also just install a plugin for a like system, add a mycode for spoilers, and do a lot of other things.. but they are all common and very useful, hence why they would be useful to be default. (Sorry for bumping, but this is a good suggestion and shouldn't be overlooked.)
Tags are okay but not junk/trash forum, IMO I did it just making custom moderator tool.
but using a mod tool or any other method will not allow you to store the original location of the thread/post and thus it can not be easily recovered. think about how it works, once you move a thread, the fid is updated and there is no history of the fid it was in. same with posts and their tid/fid
Yeah pavemen, you're right with that. But just if there is no extensive use of JUNK/trash plugin, the mod tool can solve that problem. If we consider on adding some high-end add-on, then we either need it as a core or developed as plugin.
I would be really usefull if you add tags management for topics like the one in vbulletin. We could resolve the problem of duplicate tags and we do not have to install plugins such as "Simple Tag Cloud" (I had to remove because of security problems).
I love the trashcan idea. I hate unorganized forums with locked forums in sections that really don't need to be there at all. I guess it's a matter of how organized the admin is. But yeah, instead of having to go through the permissions and all that good stuff, I'd love a default built in. Don't really know how they'd do it, but I'm all for this idea.

As for the tags, I'd like them as well, but at the same time, they seem better as a plugin.
(2011-08-05, 06:52 PM)Austin01 Wrote: [ -> ]You can simply add a moderator tool to simply move it once selected on the thread/post. Easy.

I think is the best suggestion so far in this thread.Maybe make it as a default mod tool in the 2.0 version?

(2012-02-26, 04:03 PM)Sunsettommy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-05, 06:52 PM)Austin01 Wrote: [ -> ]You can simply add a moderator tool to simply move it once selected on the thread/post. Easy.

I think is the best suggestion so far in this thread.Maybe make it as a default mod tool in the 2.0 version?

Why would it be a default mod tool, when you can easily create it in less than a minute? No need imo.
Pages: 1 2