MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can log into my forum as a user but not as an administrator?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have posted about this before but still not managed to resolve.

We are still using the old version 1.2 which may be a big part of the problem. I can log into my forum as a user without any problems at all but cannot access the 'Admin CP' which means that I can't approve/ban new users or add new forum topics etc.

To log into the Admin CP, I would normally log in as a forum user first then click on the Admin CP link at the top of the screen. It would then ask for log in details but my last known login details no longer work and it doesn't give me the option to reset or request new password. (Have attached screengrab)

I know that we need to upgrade to the new forum software - can this be done without having access to the Admin CP? If not, then I am truly stuck!

you can upgrade without access to admin panel - but its better if you get this resolved .. check my PM
Thank you ranjani, I will await your pm
See if you can log into the upgrade script itself, if you can, then take a file and database backup and upgrade.
Many thanks Matt, where can I find the upgrade script?

I was wondering whether we should install a brand new version of the forum software and then merge the old with with the new? (after backing up)

The problem is, would I need to be able to log into the old one in order to be able to do this? (which would obviously be a real problem)
yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php

You can't merge 1.2 into 1.6.

You'd need to be able to log in to the upgrader to run it, I'm just trying to establish whether or not that works or not.