MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: tagging a thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, we have started using myBB internally as a forum for staff to be updated on what is happening in the business and any issues relating to clients and it works very well.

When I saw someone who was using something similair they had the ability to add, manually, or from preset, TAGS to each forum thread. This is NOT in the context of SEO or keywords but so that we have a way of categorising the threads that appear.

An example.

Thread Title: Customer ABC Ltd has a problem with their printer
Thread Subject: its knackered please get it sorted Urgently.
TAGS: ABC Ltd, Printers, Support, Urgent

I should then be able to either see a tag cloud or be able to search on TAG name so I can then see all threads that have that TAG as a TAG
thanks, forst one doesnt work with 1.6.3 and second ones web site doesnt exist.. Sad
this is for simple tag cloud plugin :

find the file stcp.php in inc/plugins directory of the plugin
AND open it in a code editor (eg. notepad++)

around line 39 find 'compatibility' => '14*'
change that to 'compatibility' => '16*' AND save the file

now upload all the plugin's files to relevant locations on your myBB installation & try it ...
Thats fantastic Ranjani - Im going to try that now!!!

Ill let you know how I get on
Blimey - it worked!

The only thing I noted since installing it is that when you get the spinning wheel when you reply to a thread that says posting thread - it seems to stay there. When you navigate away it has posted but wondered if that was related..?