MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: not able to use 1.6.3 database into 1.6.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey...!

first of all i want to say that i dont know how to upgrade from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4. I read blog for Installation but its so conjusted and i was not able what to do..

if anyone can tell me in shortcut how to upgrade from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4 please tell me..

Then i decided to Download 1.6.4 and upload all files and use 1.6.3 database...

But when i downloaded 1.6.4 and checked inc/config.php its size was "0" means it was totally empty..

I ignored and uploaded all files then i tried to use my 1.6.3 database but not able to use... dont know why...!

then i decided to Install 1.6.4 and use my 1.6.3 database..
i did so..
But again database was not useable.. again dont know why..!

then i goto in/config.php i was shocked to see still it was empty....!

can any one help me..???
Overwrite the 1.6.3 files with the 1.6.4 files then navigate to yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php

That's all you need to do.
initially config.php is a empty file. after the installation it gets its settings. not sure
the reason that you were unable to use earlier database. actually upgrade should
work fine after uploading all the files & running the upgrade script ...
you mean all files............... Sad

then what is the advantage of upgrade..
If we have to Upload and replace all files...
^ it is like upgrading from an earlier system to a new system as many earlier issues are fixed ...

MalColm i got you..!

lEt mE tRy tHiS....!

If i replace all the files, my settings will be the same...??

or i have to change them manually again by going Configuration>Global settings...??
No, all your settings will be the same. Nothing will be removed.
thnx Malcolm now i am Overwritng all files..
let me C...