Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Solved How To Remove The "Registration" Element
Not Solved
Howdy!

I've set up a small forum and in order to boost sign-ups I thought I'd try and remove the registration phase so that people could post freely just by typing their name.

Any idea on how I could achieve this? Bear in mind, I'm a total newb so I might need a little guidance from you lovely folks.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers!
Not Solved
(10-16-2013, 08:53 PM)Ghostface Wrote: Howdy!

I've set up a small forum and in order to boost sign-ups I thought I'd try and remove the registration phase so that people could post freely just by typing their name.

Any idea on how I could achieve this? Bear in mind, I'm a total newb so I might need a little guidance from you lovely folks.

Cheers!

admincp->forums & Posts->permissons and allow guests to post ... not a good idea though
Not in this land alone,
But be God's mercies known,
From shore to shore!
Lord make the nations see,
That men should brothers be,
And form one family,
The wide world ov'er

Not Solved
(10-16-2013, 09:58 PM)JimR Wrote:
(10-16-2013, 08:53 PM)Ghostface Wrote: Howdy!

Cheers!

admincp->forums & Posts->permissons and allow guests to post ... not a good idea though

Thanks!

And what makes you say that pal?
Not Solved
Because bots will find it and spam your forum. Of course, if you install Spamalyser, you might be able to keep most of it out.
Not Solved
(10-17-2013, 03:19 AM)brad-t Wrote: Because bots will find it and spam your forum. Of course, if you install Spamalyser, you might be able to keep most of it out.

I got around the spam problem using xthreads
Not in this land alone,
From shore to shore!
And form one family,
The wide world ov'er

Not Solved
How so?
Not Solved
(10-17-2013, 08:56 PM)brad-t Wrote: How so?

is it wise answering this question in an open forum .... 'screens have eyes' Smile pm me if you want to know
Not in this land alone,
From shore to shore!
And form one family,
The wide world ov'er