Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Solved How do I BLOCK specific words from being posted?
Not Solved
I do not want the Word Filter feature. That still allows the post to go through, and simply replaces the bad word with asterisks***.

I want to completely BLOCK certain words from being posted. So if a word is detected, the user gets an error message saying that that word is disallowed. 

Please advise on how to accomplish that, either with built-in functionatliy or with a plugin.

Thanks!
Not Solved
A plugin would be required for this. Most likely you would need to use the datahandler_post_validate_post hook and datahandler_pm_validate hook if you intend on this being applied in private messages as well. You will use the pseudo variable $this.
Not Solved
(10-07-2016, 12:44 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: A plugin would be required for this. Most likely you would need to use the datahandler_post_validate_post hook and datahandler_pm_validate hook if you intend on this being applied in private messages as well. You will use the pseudo variable $this.

Thanks. Are any existing plugins available to do this? If not, how difficult to you think it is to create?

The only one I could find was this, but its for old 1.6 and won't let me download:
http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-6382.html
Not Solved
I can't find any such plugin for this, but it wouldn't really be that difficult to create. This may also help you.
Not Solved
(10-07-2016, 06:03 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: I can't find any such plugin for this, but it wouldn't really be that difficult to create. This may also help you.

I really don't have the time to learn how to code plugins. Care to give me a quote on what you would charge to build it?
Not Solved
bump Sad
Not Solved
I'm going on vacation this week, but I'll be back Tuesday October 18. If you still want it, I'd be able to do it then.
Not Solved
(10-09-2016, 12:39 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: I'm going on vacation this week, but I'll be back Tuesday October 18. If you still want it, I'd be able to do it then.

Sure, just need a quote on what I'd be looking at