Jump to the post that solved this thread.
Solved: 10 Months, 3 Weeks, 3 Days ago Anyway to request info during registration?
Solved: 10 Months, 3 Weeks, 3 Days ago
Dear folks,

Our forum will only be available for those people who live in our community.  When they first register we need to know their lot number and name so we can look them up before we activate them.

Is there anyway during registration we can have folks submit this info so admin/mods can verify it before approval?  I guess one other alternative would be to have a public sub-forum where ANYONE can post but we don't want this sensitive information to be seen by anyone but the administrators.  Any ideas?
You could do that in "Custom Profile Fields" found on the left under Configuration

Add new profile field titled "Lot number"

Required Yes
Show on registration Yes
Display on profile Yes

Viewable By Admin & Mods

Do the same for name.
Thanks - yeah I kind of figured this out a bit after I posted. It's not ideal but it will work.
Another option could be to crate two groups Newbie and Member then create a board that only nembies could see and post in and tick the box "Can only view own threads"

Admin and Mods would be able to see it and talk with the member without any other member seeing the posts, once you are happy you could move them to the Member group.
That's an interesting thought. Thanks for the suggestion.
Jump to the post that solved this thread.