Thread Rating:
  • 26 Vote(s) - 4.08 Average
/me thread
* Tom K. has recalculated. It will now take approx. 196 minutes. So far it has taken 68m 8s to render 68 frames. There are 196 in total.
* Lo. thinks rendering deals with the GPU not the CPU.
I'm not here often, shoot a PM or whatever if you want my discord.
(06-13-2011, 12:48 PM)Aristotle Wrote: * Aristotle thinks rendering deals with the GPU not the CPU.

* Alex Smith says it should but doesn't mean it always is.
* faviouz is going to attempt to install Ubuntu from the MinimalCD again.
(06-13-2011, 03:50 PM)faviouz Wrote: * faviouz is going to attempt to install Ubuntu from the MinimalCD again.

* Alex Smith is install Ubuntu again on virtaul box because it won't let him use the make command even though the make file does exist...
* faviouz is happy because he finally managed to install the Ubuntu minimal CD.

* faviouz is using LXDE.

* faviouz loves it.

* faviouz states Minecraft works as well!
(06-13-2011, 05:34 PM)faviouz Wrote: * faviouz is happy because he finally managed to install the Ubuntu minimal CD.

* faviouz is using LXDE.

* faviouz loves it.

* faviouz states Minecraft works as well!
* lucasbytegenius asks faviouz if there's an official Minecraft program for Linux or if he's using his browser/
* Lo. told Faviouz it would work with the Minimal CD.

* Lo. tells Lucas yes there is.
I'm not here often, shoot a PM or whatever if you want my discord.
* faviouz points lucasbytegenius to http://www.minecraft.net/download.jsp

* faviouz tells lucasbytegenius to skip to Linux / Other and download minecraft.jar
(06-13-2011, 12:48 PM)Aristotle Wrote: * Aristotle thinks rendering deals with the GPU not the CPU.

* Tom K. states the shading is, as well as the general rendering, but he is sure object collisions are handled by the CPU.

* Tom K. also states that better processors perform better when doing rendering benchmarks