MyBB Community Forums
[For 1.6] Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL] - Printable Version

+- MyBB Community Forums (https://community.mybb.com)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://community.mybb.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Plugins (https://community.mybb.com/forum-73.html)
+---- Forum: Plugin Releases (https://community.mybb.com/forum-102.html)
+---- Thread: [For 1.6] Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL] (/thread-101262.html)

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - frostschutz - 08-25-2015

(08-25-2015, 01:48 PM)jason5 Wrote: Plus my server is running in Litespeed Sad

Can't help you there.

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - jason5 - 08-25-2015

(08-25-2015, 02:37 PM)frostschutz Wrote:
(08-25-2015, 01:48 PM)jason5 Wrote: Plus my server is running in Litespeed Sad

Can't help you there.

Hmm, so SEO plugin is done and i am going to miss the wonderful plugin. Thanks!

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - Whiteneo - 08-25-2015

There's an error when you use moderation tools to move some post or thread inside another one.

When you set the new url the system not be able to recognize it and then you got an 404 error and not shows nothing, you have to disable and put normal url to move that and thereĀ“s only that error i try to review some parts of code and try to change some of it but without results due to some kind of error.

@frostschutz

Could you tell wich hook are used to use on moderation tools?

I try to repair by myself but maaybe some info would be usefull to work on it.

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - jason5 - 08-27-2015

Any possible support for litespeed servers in the future? Sad

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - Josh H. - 08-27-2015

LiteSpeed should be fully compatible with Apache's rules. I've run GSEO on LSWS before, too.

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - frostschutz - 08-27-2015

Quote:LiteSpeed should be fully compatible with Apache's rules.

It used to have bugs. Particularly if the rewrite rule added a parameter, but the parameter was also supplied via ?x=y in the query string, LiteSpeed had a different preference from Apache. Maybe it got fixed in the meantime. His site is also using Varnish; which may be rewriting ?page=1 to nothing, which may work for regular threads but not for the sitemap pagination.

In any case there are a few sites where the sitemap does not work because for some reason or other, the page parameter is not reaching it, and usually those sites are using non-standard setups, or I would suspect another plugin of interfering. You can use the workaround already mentioned or you can investigate it further on your own; I have no way of reproducing this issue myself and I'm not sure whether I should care about non-standard setups in the first place [above and beyond the workarounds already provided]

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - Diogo Parrinha - 08-27-2015

(06-29-2015, 08:24 PM)frostschutz Wrote:
(06-29-2015, 02:34 PM)Diogo Parrinha Wrote: Dieing before everything keeps the URL unchanged.

By URL, you mean what? In the browser bar (naturally)? The question is, what doth PHP see?

Does $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'], $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] show what you expect?

Sorry for the very late reply.

Before global.php is included:
Code:
forums.mybb-plugins.com, /page-name?pid=71284?highlight=donation, google_seo_thread=page-name&pid=71284?highlight=donation

After:
Code:
forums.mybb-plugins.com, /page-name?pid=0&highlight=donation, google_seo_thread=page-name&pid=0&highlight=donation

So a redirect is made to pid=0

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - frostschutz - 08-27-2015

The problem is that MyBB does not expect Google SEO to change URL styles (showthread.php?tid=123 to Thread-Subject) and appends blindly &thing or ?thing without checking whether ? was already in the URL. So you end up with URLs that have & before ? or two ? ? when only ?& is valid.

Normally the &? case is fixed by htaccess and ?? is fixed by Google SEO Redirect but in your case it turns into pid=0 for some reason. So your site seems to have something that turns pid=5foobar into pid=0, it does not seem to happen in a standard install.

Does this rewrite rule help? (put it below the ^([^&]*)&(.*)$)

Code:
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^([^?]*)\?(.*)$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://YOUR-SITE-HERE/$1?%1&%2 [L,R=301]

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - jason5 - 08-28-2015

(08-27-2015, 02:09 PM)Josh H. Wrote: LiteSpeed should be fully compatible with Apache's rules. I've run GSEO on LSWS before, too.

The plugin is compatible, but the sitemap in Google webmaster tools is a problem.

(08-27-2015, 02:14 PM)frostschutz Wrote:
Quote:LiteSpeed should be fully compatible with Apache's rules.

It used to have bugs. Particularly if the rewrite rule added a parameter, but the parameter was also supplied via ?x=y in the query string, LiteSpeed had a different preference from Apache. Maybe it got fixed in the meantime. His site is also using Varnish; which may be rewriting ?page=1 to nothing, which may work for regular threads but not for the sitemap pagination.

In any case there are a few sites where the sitemap does not work because for some reason or other, the page parameter is not reaching it, and usually those sites are using non-standard setups, or I would suspect another plugin of interfering. You can use the workaround already mentioned or you can investigate it further on your own; I have no way of reproducing this issue myself and I'm not sure whether I should care about non-standard setups in the first place [above and beyond the workarounds already provided]

I contacted the host and this is what they replied with "Your domain is hosted in a server with Apache as webserver, Varnish cache and light speed php."

Now my hope is shattered and i am trying your alternative. But no success Sad

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - frostschutz - 08-28-2015

As I told you before - you have to change the setting (empty Sitemap URL Scheme). Right now you still seem to be using the standard scheme.