MyBB Community Forums
[For 1.6] Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL] - Printable Version

+- MyBB Community Forums (https://community.mybb.com)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://community.mybb.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Plugins (https://community.mybb.com/forum-73.html)
+---- Forum: Plugin Releases (https://community.mybb.com/forum-102.html)
+---- Thread: [For 1.6] Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL] (/thread-101262.html)

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - jason5 - 08-29-2015

(08-28-2015, 03:08 PM)frostschutz Wrote: As I told you before - you have to change the setting (empty Sitemap URL Scheme). Right now you still seem to be using the standard scheme.

Thanks i have done that, but there is a problem with robots.txt. And few of my links are being blocked. I will update the status tomorrow as i have submitted a fresh request.

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - jason5 - 08-31-2015

I get this error in Webmaster tools after i followed your steps. Should i do anything in .htaccess file?

[attachment=34943]

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - Darkrad - 08-31-2015

I ve got " this is incompatible error " in plugins section therefore I can not activate, what should I do ?

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - frostschutz - 08-31-2015

(08-31-2015, 05:16 AM)jason5 Wrote: I get this error in Webmaster tools after i followed your steps. Should i do anything in .htaccess file?

Remove misc.php entries in your robots.txt

(08-31-2015, 10:37 AM)Darkrad Wrote: I ve got " this is incompatible error " in plugins section therefore I can not activate, what should I do ?

For MyBB 1.8 you'll have to download it from GitHub for now.

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - Finlan - 08-31-2015

Frostschutz,

I noticed some time ago that the .htaccess file for the forum has at the top a rule to disable mod_security. This rule is inserted in .htaccess by the Google SEO plugin. Would disabling this .htaccess rule (by putting # in each of the 4 lines) cause Google SEO to break?

We only allow images to be embedded and the vast majority of users are not allowed to upload anything in their posts. I take it that those .htaccess rules disabling mod_sec are there to ensure that no false positives occur when uploading files (images) in posts.

We would rather have mod_security working fully and risk some false positives, so would it be possible to mute (i.e. # each line) the disabling rule so that mod_security works?

Interestingly, our host mentioned that mod_security was actually working fine but then we have the forum in a directory and use a WP installation for the homepage (perhaps mod_security is working for the WP installation but not the forum?).

It'd be great if we could hear from you whether muting the mod_sec disabling rule is fine and won't break the plugin/how it works.

Thanks.

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - frostschutz - 08-31-2015

(08-31-2015, 07:08 PM)Finlan Wrote: I noticed some time ago that the .htaccess file for the forum has at the top a rule to disable mod_security. This rule is inserted in .htaccess by the Google SEO plugin.

You're in the wrong thread.

Google SEO does not insert anything in .htaccess - that's your job.

Google SEO does not ask you to insert any rules related to mod_security either.

You can do anything you like as long as the rewrites work as they're supposed to - if you are using rewrites.

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - jason5 - 09-01-2015

I removed /misc.php and submitted again. But still the problem exists.

URL restricted by robots.txt
Sitemap: indiantalkzone.com/misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=threads&page=1

Sep 1, 2015
Sitemap: indiantalkzone.com/misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=forums&page=1

Sep 1, 2015
Sitemap: indiantalkzone.com/misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=threads&page=2

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - Raslansayyidi - 09-05-2015

I am installed the plugin but that time google cant access my forum

403 forbidden

i am unnistalled the plugin

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - jason5 - 09-06-2015

Thanks frostschutz, every problem has been solved. You are great man!

RE: Google SEO 1.6.8 - dineshkummar - 09-13-2015

Hi,

I am getting error , attached in screen shot.

Please some one help me.

Thanks,