MyBB Community Forums
[For 1.6] Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL] - Printable Version

+- MyBB Community Forums (https://community.mybb.com)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://community.mybb.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Plugins (https://community.mybb.com/forum-73.html)
+---- Forum: Plugin Releases (https://community.mybb.com/forum-102.html)
+---- Thread: [For 1.6] Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL] (/thread-101262.html)

RE: Google SEO 1.6.1 - sunjava1 - 08-29-2011

Does gzip has to be turned off in order to active google seo urls?
Actually don't understanding what 404 does? I've setup a custom error page for my site, Will that be over-rite? or it shows not found in mybb (where no such thread exists)

RE: Google SEO 1.6.1 - frostschutz - 08-29-2011

(08-29-2011, 07:25 AM)echofloripa Wrote: What is this "passive" referring to?

Passive is the mode where URL interprets SEO URLs, but does not actually actively produce new ones. It's the mode where you can have SEO URLs working but redirect them back to MyBB's original stock URLs (showthread.php?tid=123 or whatever).

(08-29-2011, 07:25 AM)echofloripa Wrote: I`m a bit cautious about the " Apply changes to core files." as it isn't clear which files it will change. I have already replaced the function.php with the one provided on this post, so I'm afraid to run this and get the function.php messed up. What are the other "core files"?

Currently, the only file it changes is inc/functions.php - this may change in the future. Don't use an already edited one as the apply function expects the original file. The file from the other thread is no good for Google SEO 1.6, as the modifications are not identical. If you used an already edited functions.php file, revert the file to original from the mybb package and let Google SEO apply the changes by itself.

Quote:- Replace to original inc/functions.php for 1.6.2
- Upload all 1.6.4 on top of 1.6.2

MyBB 1.6.4 requires you to replace all PHP/JS files anyway.

Quote:- Copy functions-googleseo-1.6.4.php on top of the inc/functions.php

That's for Google SEO Legacy only. It will work with Google SEO 1.6.1 only partially.
(08-29-2011, 07:30 AM)sunjava1 Wrote: Does gzip has to be turned off in order to active google seo urls?

It doesn't matter.

Quote:Actually don't understanding what 404 does?

It yields HTTP 404 Not Found status codes for specific error pages in MyBB. Since Google SEO 1.6, it also yields other codes such as temporarily not available when you close your board for maintenance.

Quote:I've setup a custom error page for my site, Will that be over-rite? or it shows not found in mybb (where no such thread exists)

Try it and see. It depends on the ErrorPage directive in your .htaccess.

RE: Google SEO 1.6.1 - masterkiller - 08-29-2011

Hello, first THANK YOU for the awesome plugin.

I'm trying to change my SEO URL scheme from Forum-{url} to {url}-Forum and Thread-{url} to {url}-Thread. I see that I need to change my .htaccess and I have tried modifying the rewrite rule to: RewriteRule ([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1\-^Forum [L,QSA,NC]
which is my best GUESS since I'm not that great at regex. It failed so I set everything back. Would you be able to provide some assistance?

RE: Google SEO 1.6.1 - frostschutz - 08-29-2011

Google SEO provides working rewrite rules on the plugin status, at least, for the standard schemes. It doesn't work for parent forums in URLs, at least not as of yet.

You can use -Thread, -Forum as postfixes but then you also have to change all others to postfixes, otherwise User-Thread could either be a user named thread or a thread with subject user, and your rewrite rules would have a conflict which means that some URLs would quite simply break.

RE: Google SEO 1.6.1 - maciora21 - 08-30-2011

Hey

I found next bug. The botton "Return to Top" located in footer don't work with Google SEO URL.

That botton add to end link a "#top" and page go automatic to top.

RE: Google SEO 1.6.1 - frostschutz - 08-30-2011

The top /content links in the footer work for me, they just link to #top and #content and that functionality is completely unrelated to url style / google seo. In fact, clicking those links doesn't even send a request to the webserver, the scrolling is done entirely by the client / browser locally. So if this doesn't work for you, it's a problem with your theme...

RE: Google SEO 1.6.1 - indobb - 09-01-2011

I am using LiteSpeed ​​server 4.1.2
Is google seo 1.6.1 works fine without any special setting for LiteSpeed​​?

RE: Google SEO 1.6.1 - frostschutz - 09-01-2011

Dunno. I don't support LiteSpeed. It did have a bug regarding rewrites, not sure if they ever fixed it and I don't remember which version was affected. You can use the LiteSpeed workaround option in the Redirect settings for that one, though. If you see any other issues do to LiteSpeed, let me know, but I can't promise you a fix for them. This plugin still expects you to be using Apache...

RE: Google SEO 1.6.1 - MonsterMMORPG - 09-01-2011

hello. i am having serious problem.

htmlspecialchars(): Invalid multibyte sequence in argument

Dosya: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\forumturkce\inc\plugins\google_seo\redirect.php
line: 351
code:
348. 'query' => $query,
349. ),
350. true),
351. ENT_COMPAT, "UTF-8");
352. echo "</pre>";
353. return;
354. }

:
File Line Function
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\forumturkce\inc\class_error.php 206 errorHandler->output_error
[PHP] errorHandler->error
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\forumturkce\inc\plugins\google_seo\redirect.php 351 htmlspecialchars
[PHP] google_seo_redirect_hook
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\forumturkce\inc\class_plugins.php 100 call_user_func_array
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\forumturkce\global.php 100 pluginSystem->run_hooks
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\forumturkce\showthread.php 22 require_once

problem occurs where there is "-" character in the title how to fix ?

RE: Google SEO 1.6.1 - Nathan Malcolm - 09-01-2011

MonsterMMORPG, I think that's an issue with Turkish characters in urls. I never work with any language but English, but from other sources I think utf8_encode() might be needed. I could be wrong though.