MyBB Community Forums
[Pushed] Change max. recipients - Printable Version

+- MyBB Community Forums (
+-- Forum: Development (
+--- Forum: MyBB 1.8 Development (
+---- Forum: 1.8 Bugs and Issues (
+----- Forum: Pushed (
+----- Thread: [Pushed] Change max. recipients (/thread-158970.html)

Pages: 1 2

Change max. recipients - User 80882 - 2014-09-08

Quote:You may send this message to a maximum of 5 people.

How to change this number?

RE: Change max. recipients - .m. - 2014-09-08

it is based on Group permissions
Admin Panel >> Users & Groups >> Groups >> Edit User Group (by clicking on Group name) >>
Users and Permissions (tab) --> Private Messaging --> Maximum Recipients Per Message

RE: Change max. recipients - User 80882 - 2014-09-08

Hmm, I set for 10 but still I add only 3 recipients :/

Here is the same problem:    

RE: Change max. recipients - .m. - 2014-09-08

yes, there is a bug ..

RE: Change max. recipients - User 80882 - 2014-09-08

How we can fix it?

RE: Change max. recipients - Eldenroot - 2014-09-14

Confirmed - it is a bug Sad

RE: Change max. recipients - jshort - 2014-09-14

Here's a temporary fix (needs to be adjusted to take into account group limits):

Open up the "private_send_autocomplete" templatebit and change "maximumSelectionSize: 3," to whatever you need it to be.

RE: Change max. recipients - Omar G. - 2014-09-14


Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github:

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

The MyBB Group

RE: Change max. recipients - nth - 2014-09-14

Templates & Style > Templates > Template > Private Messaging Templates > private_send_autocomplete

maximumSelectionSize: 3,
maximumSelectionSize: "{$max_recipients}",

RE: Change max. recipients - Destroy666 - 2014-09-14

That's not a fix, $max_recipients is a string: The number is just $mybb->usergroup['maxpmrecipients'] but that's not a complete fix either, I'm working on a PR,