MyBB Community Forums
Private message compose kinda broken after upgrade to 1.8.7 - Printable Version

+- MyBB Community Forums (https://community.mybb.com)
+-- Forum: 1.8 Support (https://community.mybb.com/forum-175.html)
+--- Forum: Installation and Upgrades Support (https://community.mybb.com/forum-182.html)
+--- Thread: Private message compose kinda broken after upgrade to 1.8.7 (/thread-190069.html)



Private message compose kinda broken after upgrade to 1.8.7 - knarfology - 2016-03-23

Hi there,

just made an update from 1.8.6 to 1.8.7. The process itself went with no errors at all.

Now I discovered, that the private message composition is broken on every theme I've got, before the update it worked as it is supposed to do without fault. It now does look like this:

   

Also the self search user names on typing  ability of the area is completely gone. I highlighted the broken area with a red box. How it's supposed to look like you can see in the forum here.

What can I do to get the original functionality of the input area back?

TIA.


RE: Private message compose kinda broken after upgrade to 1.8.7 - .m. - 2016-03-23

have you updated the templates ? private_send_autocomplete template needs changes in the code
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates.
This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed
- or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed,
it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.



RE: Private message compose kinda broken after upgrade to 1.8.7 - knarfology - 2016-03-23

I did the update during the upgrade.

private_send_autocomplete is not being listed under "Find Updated Templates", which is kinda strange now, because a lot of other templates are being listet as updated. Mhhh... got to dig somewhat deeper, but at least I do know where to solve this problem. Thanks.

Ok, so I made a vanilla installation of 1.8.7, looked after private_send_autocomplete and compared it to the version in my installation. Both are identical.

But found the problem: wrong file permissions on select2.css... strange, whatever, problem solved.