MyBB Community Forums
[Tutorial] 10 Steps for Achieving the Maximum Possible Speed for Your MyBB Forum! - Printable Version

+- MyBB Community Forums (https://community.mybb.com)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://community.mybb.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Tutorials (https://community.mybb.com/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [Tutorial] 10 Steps for Achieving the Maximum Possible Speed for Your MyBB Forum! (/thread-93652.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: [Tutorial] 10 Steps for Achieving the Maximum Possible Speed for Your MyBB Forum! - pinguy - 2011-08-31

Forgot to say about Memcached. You will need to install it so make sure you have admin rights to the server. Once installed edit the inc/config.php file and change.
$config['cache_store'] = 'db';

to

$config['cache_store'] = 'memcache';

RE: [Tutorial] 10 Steps for Achieving the Maximum Possible Speed for Your MyBB Forum! - Renegader - 2011-09-17

Yeah, that helps heaps. Although you need a dedicated server or a VPS. :/

RE: [Tutorial] 10 Steps for Achieving the Maximum Possible Speed for Your MyBB Forum! - nadlerz - 2011-09-17

Doesn't work with Shared Hosting?

RE: [Tutorial] 10 Steps for Achieving the Maximum Possible Speed for Your MyBB Forum! - Renegader - 2011-09-18

It won't work with shared. :/

RE: [Tutorial] 10 Steps for Achieving the Maximum Possible Speed for Your MyBB Forum! - Steven - 2011-09-18

If you need to use memcache you shouldn't be on shared hosting anyway.

RE: [Tutorial] 10 Steps for Achieving the Maximum Possible Speed for Your MyBB Forum! - andrewjs18 - 2011-09-18

I ended up having to dump cloudflare on both forums I was running it on due to users getting the offline errors.

RE: [Tutorial] 10 Steps for Achieving the Maximum Possible Speed for Your MyBB Forum! - Renegader - 2011-09-19

Yeah, Cloudflare is getting better though, I'm using it again on GB.

Signed up for pro, too. Toungue

RE: [Tutorial] 10 Steps for Achieving the Maximum Possible Speed for Your MyBB Forum! - andrewjs18 - 2011-09-23

(2011-09-19, 07:45 AM)Renegader Wrote: Yeah, Cloudflare is getting better though, I'm using it again on GB.

Signed up for pro, too. Toungue

when it's out for a bit longer, I'll check back on it again.

RE: [Tutorial] 10 Steps for Achieving the Maximum Possible Speed for Your MyBB Forum! - scylla - 2011-09-23

Combining css & js into a larger file is common practice because what happens is there are less lookups to the site. Off of the top of my head, I know that w3tc for wordpress does this as does vbsc for vbulletin.

(2011-05-07, 01:04 PM)euantor Wrote:
(2011-05-07, 12:59 PM)Renegader Wrote: If you add star ratings and usercp and such to global, then it will load those files unnecessarily in the first page load; thus increasing load time.

I wouldn't recommend doing that.

I agree. I would minify CSS, but the suggestion of creating one larger file to speed up page load is ridiculous.

RE: [Tutorial] 10 Steps for Achieving the Maximum Possible Speed for Your MyBB Forum! - Renegader - 2011-09-24

Perhaps less lookups, but would you prefer one less lookup in opposition to downloading to a larger file?