MyBB Community Forums
Good With myBB? READ - Printable Version

+- MyBB Community Forums (https://community.mybb.com)
+-- Forum: Community Archive (https://community.mybb.com/forum-106.html)
+--- Forum: Archived Forums (https://community.mybb.com/forum-143.html)
+---- Forum: Miscellaneous Archive (https://community.mybb.com/forum-140.html)
+----- Forum: Requests/Services/Jobs 2 (https://community.mybb.com/forum-136.html)
+----- Thread: Good With myBB? READ (/thread-99043.html)



Good With myBB? READ - StevenF50 - 07-16-2011

Okay so I've put on hold some projects like spambb,zingor for this project as I really want to make a mybb theme/plugin/mycode/support/discuss community. So don't think I'm going to suddenly stop with it. Lets move on.

So I've got a project currently called myBB Professor but it's probably going to be changed with the help of beta and staff members. Basically it's a unique mybb discussion community. You can discuss myBB,write tutorials and get support. Also we are making a collection of every myBB free theme and some paid ones which will be in our themes section and we will have every free and some paid themes installed on our forum so users can see what it's like before they install/buy it. We stick to the license of the theme creators with a simple loop hole in the license which makes us legal. We also have the same thing for free and paid plugins. We also have a mycode collection and a bit where members can submit their own.

The thing is in the theme,plugin and mycodes section we have a section which includes our creations, our themes,plugins and mycodes that's where you come in. We need designers and coders.

Designers
They design the themes and make graphics for the forum and make graphics for the resource section. Designers don't have to be able to code the theme though it would be helpful if they could. If they can't code it, they send the images and design mockup to the coder who will then get it coded.

There are three types of designers:
Theme designers, site designers, resource designer.
You can choose one of them that will be your primary job though for example a theme designer could make something that the site designers were going to make as well. The theme designers, design the themes. The site designers design things for the forum/site/blog. Resource designers make things like rank images,buttons,default avatars,smilies etc for the resource section. There will be free and paid resources.

What you've probably been waiting for, pay. You get paid real $! I know people always tell me off for not making payment real $. For theme designers, you and your coder get 80% to share between you when you make custom or paid themes. The advantage of designing and coding themes yourself is that you get the full 80%, if you got a coder to code it for you, you only get 40%. The other 20% goes back into the site. Site designers well I'm afraid to say pay isn't great for you guys, due to me been permanently skint, you don't get set pay. I'll give you a task and tell you if you get payment for it or not, I'll try to give payment but there's no guarantee, the 20% I get will go towards paying you guys. Now for resource designers, you get 80% of each premium/paid resource you make, so if you sold ranks for 1$ and you got 100 sales that's 80$ which is a lot for just making a rank set Toungue The other 20% goes back into the site.

They get free premium membership and access to staff forum. We are looking for 4 designers, this is the application form:

[b]I want to be a theme/resource/site designer[/b]
[b]I can/can't code themes[/b](REMOVE IF YOU DIDN'T PICK THEME DESIGNER)[/b]
[b]My experience[/b]:
[b]Example of my work[/b]:
[b]Why I want to be staff[/b]:

Send me a pm and I'll get back to you.

Coders
Coders code the themes and code the plugins, they also make loads of little nifty codes that you can add to myBB. If they wish they can make mycodes as well.

There are two types of coders:
Theme coders,plugin coders, you can be both if you like but that's up to you. Theme coders obviously code themes. Plugin coders obviously code plugins.

Now for pay. When making premium/paid plugins you get 80%, the other 20% goes back into the site. You don't get paid for free plugins, it's your choice on if to make a plugin free or paid. When making themes, you get 80% though if you didn't design it you only got 40% as the designer gets half, the other 20% goes back into the site.

They get free premium membership and access to staff forum. We are looking for 4 coders, this is the application form:

[b]I want to be a theme/plugin coder[/b]
[b]I can/can't design themes[/b](REMOVE IF YOU DIDN'T PICK THEME CODER)[/b]
[b]My experience[/b]:
[b]Example of my work[/b]:
[b]Why I want to be staff[/b]:

To apply, send me a pm with the form filled.




Moderator and beta applications coming soon!


RE: Good With myBB? READ - Tom K. - 07-16-2011

Quote:stick to the license of the theme creators with a simple loop hole in the license which makes us legal.

And what might that be?

Tbh, your site offers nothing more than MyBB.com, which is the largest repository if themes/mycodes/plugins on the net.


RE: Good With myBB? READ - StevenF50 - 07-16-2011

Well it's not much of a loophole but you can send them straight to a download link as long as it's the one they made. So it's not redistrubting but it's second best and mybb doesn't offer a demo of every theme, we are unique in many ways.


RE: Good With myBB? READ - Tom K. - 07-16-2011

So what happens when they disable hot linking?


RE: Good With myBB? READ - StevenF50 - 07-16-2011

I'm screwed? By that time we should have a large collection of our own plugins and themes so it won't send the forum to it's grave, I'll just replace it with something else big.


RE: Good With myBB? READ - Bit 'n Bang - 07-16-2011

(07-16-2011, 02:43 PM)StevenF50 Wrote: I'm screwed? By that time we should have a large collection of our own plugins and themes so it won't send the forum to it's grave, I'll just replace it with something else big.

Do you think it's going to take six months at the absolute minimum before they figure out that you're hotlinking?


RE: Good With myBB? READ - StevenF50 - 07-16-2011

The fact is we aren't opening until we make a lot of our own stuff.