Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 9 Years, 1 Week ago Permit display of uploaded images for selected users
Solved: 9 Years, 1 Week ago
This seems like an obvious question that must already have an obvious answer, but this idiot hasn't been able to find it despite many searches! Blush

A forum user can upload images as attachments, and can Insert that attachment into their post. But the uploaded/attached image, it seems, can only be placed as a clickable link that opens a new browser tab to display the uploaded image. I cannot find a way to actually embed the uploaded image to display as a visible picture in the post itself.

Of course, images hosted ELSEWHERE can be embedded via their URL - but not images uploaded to the forum's own host?

I believe the normal reason why uploaded images aren't permitted to be directly displayed is to prevent bloat at the forum's server.
But what I'd prefer would be an option to permit selected trusted users to embed uploaded images directly in their posts. If there is such an admin setting, I haven't been able to locate it.

Alternatively, if I knew where uploaded images were stored in the forum database (I don't!), could that location be the URL for an embedded image?

Messages In This Thread
Permit display of uploaded images for selected users - by Emor Schnoodgress - 2012-11-21, 06:27 PM