Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Smite Forums - Third Person MOBA Game
(2013-01-05, 03:17 AM)Berlo Wrote: I respect your opinion Brad on the matter of my theme, but attacking me and derailing my thread like this is in VERY bad taste and quite immature on your behalf, especially when you have acted so encouraging on your project and my theme is so different from yours on quite a number of levels.

I'm trying my best not to get involved in this thread, but can you post these many levels of differentiation? Though to weigh in slightly, I do believe brad's project was in good taste, he wanted to inspire other Administrators to make more of MyBB, I'm pretty sure he didn't intend for users to directly take his ideas and implement them. If he wanted that to happen, I'm sure he would have made a MyBB 1.8 suggestion thread and listed everything he thought should be core. He inspired me and many other Administrators in the right way, an example of this is the lengthy disgusting registration system with MyBB. I hated all that unnecessary information and saw that brad had the idea to change it, so I was inspired by what he had done and changed mine too and have it how I wanted it, not how brad has his. Hell I'm still inspired and plan many other design changes to my forum because of what brad has done, but I'm not going to keep going to his thread and steal his - I want to come up with my own.

Personally I think it's probably best for you both to take it to PM's, having it in the spotlight is probably bad for both of you. Plus it will just result in this thread being closed which sucks for everyone involved.

Messages In This Thread
Smite Forums - Third Person MOBA Game - by Berlo - 2013-01-03, 03:08 AM
RE: Smite Forums - Unofficial - by brad-t - 2013-01-03, 03:36 AM
RE: Smite Forums - Unofficial - by Website - 2013-01-03, 06:13 AM
RE: Smite Forums - Unofficial - by Leefish - 2013-01-03, 06:16 AM
RE: Smite Forums - Unofficial - by vegathechosen - 2013-01-03, 09:20 PM
RE: Smite Forums - Unofficial - by Zueq - 2013-01-03, 09:28 PM
RE: Smite Forums - Unofficial - by Berlo - 2013-01-03, 11:08 PM
RE: Smite Forums - Third Person MOBA Game - by Crayo - 2013-01-05, 10:21 PM