Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Solved Merge Kunena 3.x to MyBB
Not Solved
This is the error I received when trying to migrate Kunena to SMF. I appreciate that neither of those systems are supported in this particular forum but if there is an easy answer to these then it would be appreciated.

The converter detected that your host has open_basedir enabled on this server. Please ask your host to disable this setting or try moving the contents of your Fireboard 1.0.5 RC2 to the public html folder of your site.

Thanks

(11-19-2013, 08:40 AM)mesmorgan Wrote: This is the error I received when trying to migrate Kunena to SMF. I appreciate that neither of those systems are supported in this particular forum but if there is an easy answer to these then it would be appreciated.

The converter detected that your host has open_basedir enabled on this server. Please ask your host to disable this setting or try moving the contents of your Fireboard 1.0.5 RC2 to the public html folder of your site.

Thanks

I've checked with my host and they won't disable open_basedir.

(11-19-2013, 08:19 AM)bothahe Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 10:40 AM).m. Wrote: ^ well there is another method. you can first convert to SMF and then to MyBB !

Thank you for your advice.

After searching for the converter I happened onto info of a converter from kunena to smf on the simplemachines website. I haven't done it yet, but hopefully it will all work out.

(11-19-2013, 08:19 AM)bothahe Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 10:40 AM).m. Wrote: ^ well there is another method. you can first convert to SMF and then to MyBB !

Thank you for your advice.

After searching for the converter I happened onto info of a converter from kunena to smf on the simplemachines website. I haven't done it yet, but hopefully it will all work out.

Didn't work. I'm going to have to change it. Seems like the script they have is for a very old version of kunena and there doesn't seem to be one for the newer kunena versions.

I don't have the skills in php to tackle the problem. Anybody want to take a crack at it? I'll mail you the script I have... Toungue

Hi bothahe, I am using the fireboard converter which was recommended as being very similar to Kunena. I would be interested to know if that works for you.

Messages In This Thread
Merge Kunena 3.x to MyBB - by bothahe - 11-01-2013, 10:24 AM
RE: Merge Kunena 3.x to MyBB - by .m. - 11-01-2013, 10:36 AM
RE: Merge Kunena 3.x to MyBB - by bothahe - 11-01-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: Merge Kunena 3.x to MyBB - by .m. - 11-01-2013, 10:40 AM
RE: Merge Kunena 3.x to MyBB - by mesmorgan - 11-19-2013, 08:05 AM
RE: Merge Kunena 3.x to MyBB - by bothahe - 11-19-2013, 08:19 AM
RE: Merge Kunena 3.x to MyBB - by mesmorgan - 11-19-2013, 08:40 AM