Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Solved [General] PM e-mails and e-mail subscription alerts seem delayed
Not Solved
(03-13-2015, 08:25 AM)Wozzer Wrote: OK thanks Euan.
You mention that the emails will only be sent if pages of the site are loaded....
What if someone writes a PM, sends it, but doesn't click around the forums after?  Will it not be sent until some activity is seen?
That's my understanding from looking at the code. Note that it can be any user activity from any user. SO long as somebody loads a page, the mail queue should be processed.
(03-13-2015, 02:04 PM)Shemo Wrote:
(03-13-2015, 07:37 AM)Euan T Wrote: Bizarre. Remember emails will only be sent if pages of the site are loaded, so did you click around a bit after sending the PM or have other users online?

absolutely..in fact, I got the PM e-mail like....45 minutes after the e-mail came.  it's very spotty, at best.

(03-13-2015, 08:25 AM)Wozzer Wrote: OK thanks Euan.
You mention that the emails will only be sent if pages of the site are loaded....
What if someone writes a PM, sends it, but doesn't click around the forums after?  Will it not be sent until some activity is seen?

are you having problems with PM alerts not being sent on time as well?

I'll have to look a bit closer. Everything seems to work as it should here, so I'm not sure what's causing your problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PM e-mails and e-mail subscription alerts seem delayed - by Euan T - 03-13-2015, 02:08 PM