Jump to the post that solved this thread.
Solved: 6 Years, 10 Months ago Send PM/Email for awaiting approval
Solved: 6 Years, 10 Months ago
(2015-07-26, 03:30 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: So, I found the error in the PM's. It was quite annoying, you know you are dealing with digital stuff which is binary and only knows 1 or 0, and no perhaps or maybe. Now I had something that sometimes went well and somtimes went wrong. The cause appeared to be the length of the subject of a PM. In the database this is fixed to 120 characters, but MyBB has a hard-coded maximum of 85 characters.

The PM's that I generated had sometimes a length within the limit of 85 characters and sometimes they were longer. And in the way I used it the PM's were then simply not sent without an error message. I had copied this code from other parts of the MyBB software.

I have now changed this, such that the subjects will always be shorter than 85 characters.

The new version is attached. Try it, and post any problems.

Hello Ad, yes it seems to be working ok on my test forum. I had deactivated the other one and the Required Approval plugin before installing it, but forgot to reactivate Required Approval before testing.  Big Grin

I will have a play with it for a bit longer before trying it on my public forum probably tomorrow now, but so far no problems.  

Very much appreciate all the effort you have put into this, it's almost dinner time now. So I will wish you a good evening and will post more after trying it tomorrow.

Thank you.
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Send PM/Email for awaiting approval - by sarisisop - 2015-07-26, 04:02 PM
RE: Send PM/Email for awaiting approval - by .m. - 2017-03-29, 06:09 PM