Not Solved A way of hiding a forum from members
Not Solved
^^^

I am doing the merge with XAMPP now as you suggested, but I came across an issue - not sure if that's an issue...

On a live server this didn't happen when I first tried the merge system. However, on localhost if "convert everything to utf-8" (or similar) is selected, it gets stuck when running users. Not sure if converting everything to utf-8 is absolutely necessary, but for now I unselected that option and it is running/merging smoothly.

I am just not sure if it will mess up posts and threads with that unselected since I had a few strange things happening with weird characters randomly showing up on my smf forum. :/

Okay, merge done! And woah! I should've done this from the start. All the problems I got from the first merge on the server didn't happen this time! Avatars are looking good (first time around they looked weird); the count of posts and threads is correct and so on! I won't have anything to change now! Smile

I just did it without converting everything to utf-8 while the first time I did. Didn't notice any difference so I think it's okay to do it without enabling that option? My forum is in portuguese.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A way of hiding a forum from members - by .m. - 2016-05-09, 01:45 AM
RE: A way of hiding a forum from members - by Starlight - 2016-05-17, 05:30 PM