Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Solved Hooks Explained/Example?
Not Solved
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
I've read over some resources and other questions, but since I don't know PHP I can't fully grasp how to hook a variable from one page to another page for MyBB. I face this problem often, so I think it would be beneficial to at least know the concept.

As a current example I've loosely followed this tutorial and made a working registration modal that shows on all pages. Now the problem I'm facing is the problem the tutorial ignored, not having a working captcha. If you use captcha you can't register without completing it and since its variable {$regimage} doesn't work outside of member.php, the tutorial chose to disable captcha all together. I would feel safer having it though. It appears that my answer may be here, but it's a specific question and again I have no idea of how to implement that into my php files.

I haven't found a lot of information on this for beginners, so would someone mind possibly using my example and explaining how hooks are used to make a variable from one page work in another page?

Messages In This Thread
Hooks Explained/Example? - by Nuance - 06-08-2016, 02:27 AM
RE: Hooks Explained/Example? - by m0ckingbird - 06-08-2016, 09:15 AM
RE: Hooks Explained/Example? - by Nuance - 06-08-2016, 03:01 PM
RE: Hooks Explained/Example? - by nth - 06-08-2016, 03:31 PM