Not Solved [How To?] Remove Certain Validations In Registration Process
Not Solved
I'm using a custom system on my forum with just username, email, password-- but it has thus far increased my spammer sign-up a little. I'm working to mitigate that through other means so I can keep the sign up simple.

The main thing is that not everything is optional-- mainly the confirmation fields for pass and email. You will either have to use JavaScript to match correctly named hidden elements to the value of the pass and email elements or use a plugin to copy the $mybb->input variables to the confirmation indexes.

The security question can be used in full registration and bypassed in the modal by setting hidden fields with the security question id and the answer value.

If you go this route, you will probably need to add some email blacklist entries for known spam accounts as well as seeking out other methods to prevent spam. Sadly, making it easier for potential users also makes it easier for spammers.
[retired]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove Certain Validations In Registration Process - by Wildcard - 2017-11-16, 01:42 AM