Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Delaying emailing member passwords when merging?
(2009-02-01, 11:05 AM)TomL Wrote:
(2009-02-01, 11:03 AM)eclipsenow Wrote: Wikid! I love the way the open source world competes with each other giving everyone better software, and keeping your coding skills on their toes! Cool

However, I'm still wondering if I can convert my phpbb3 straight into 1.4 and if that last "email users step" is going to be my downfall.

Are there any rumours about a new "Gold" version of the 1.4 converter? Is it a lot more work having 1 converter rather than many little converters for all the other forums? Anyway, keep up the great work.
You cannot currently convert from phpBB3>MyBB1.4, but you can convert from phpBB3 to MyBB 1.2, then upgrade to 1.4.

Kind Regards,
TomL

Yes you can convert directly from phpBB 3 to MyBB 1.4. Use the MyBB 1.4 Merge System. The Merge System doesn't need to send emails out to revert passwords either. Just make sure you apply this fix when your done: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-420...#pid302288

Messages In This Thread
RE: Delaying emailing member passwords when merging? - by Ryan Gordon - 2009-02-01, 04:24 PM