Plugin Form Help
No, in my original form in SMF it just passed an action to the index.php file and passed all the parameters to it. In MyBB things seem to be done a little differently. From the examples I have looked at, the forms use an onclick handler which calls a javascript function when then makes an AJAX request to another function. This is the bit I am struggling with. For some reason my javascript function never gets called. I wondered if someone could help with this as it's my first attempt at using Javascript and AJAX. Even after trying to follow the other plugins as an example, I cannot get it to work.
The first bit I am unsure of is how I pass the values of the form to the javascript function.
My mistake. I had put an onclick handler but hasn't put a quote on the end. Now I have something like this

onclick="(javascript:myfunction('3', this)"

The '3' is the topic id and 'this' is how you pass the form as far as I can tell.

My javascript function looks like:

function myfunction(tid, f)

However, when I click the submit button, I get a page saying I do not have permission to access this page. What am I doing wrong?
I've installed firebug which is a great help. I can now see that my function is being called which is progress. The error I am getting is:

f.status is undefined
$status = f.status.value

f is the second parameter which is passed in as 'this' from the form. 'status' is the listbox. I thought I could then just get the value from the above command. (i.e. $status = f.status.value). Obviously not.

What am I doing wrong?
Never mind. I've solved the problems and am now making good progress. Thanks for help though.

Messages In This Thread
Plugin Form Help - by Zoolman - 2011-03-07, 09:50 PM
RE: Plugin Form Help - by Euan T - 2011-03-07, 10:35 PM
RE: Plugin Form Help - by Zoolman - 2011-03-08, 09:20 AM
RE: Plugin Form Help - by Euan T - 2011-03-08, 09:27 AM
RE: Plugin Form Help - by Zoolman - 2011-03-08, 09:57 AM