Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 9 Years, 2 Months ago Permit display of uploaded images for selected users
Solved: 9 Years, 2 Months ago
Thanks very much, Lee - yes, those code mods do permit access to the link in the post for an uploaded image: a user not logged-in can click on the link to see the image in a new browser tab. (one version EXCLUDES specified filetypes from access to unregistered users; the other excludes all filetypes NOT specified)

In EITHER case, the image uploaded to the forum is STILL not directly embedded in the post for viewing by any unlogged-in visitors. This makes it difficult (!) to discuss an image in the post AND view that image at the same time!

I'm surprised this isn't a more common request or need among admins; I guess it's such common practice that images must be uploaded to third-party servers and linked/embedded from the post that no one considers this important. And of course the URL/embed approach works just fine for most.

Not being a php coder, I'm unable to write anything custom to make this modification. At this point, I guess I'll just tell users to upload to third-party hosts from now on if they want their images seen by all visitors...

Thanks again!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Permit display of uploaded images for selected users - by Emor Schnoodgress - 2012-11-23, 10:07 PM