Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Tutorial] How to Help Secure your Forums from being Hacked/DDOSED
(2012-12-13, 05:19 AM)_Kitty_ Wrote: to be honestly you can't hide IP with CloudFlare, i think you know we can reslove CloudFlare protected IP.

and i wrote a small tutorial you can see it <snip>, its not everything just something

You can delete all the DNS records on Cloudflare and only keep the A and CNAME, that way a cloudflare resolver will not be able to pull any results.

[Image: fXQT+]

Try getting the real server ip of Landon.pro, you wont be able to.

(2012-12-10, 03:43 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [quote='imtiax' pid='947273' dateline='1355152560']

CloudFlare is not a service intended to hide your server's IP address. I cannot stress that enough.

Sure that is not the intended purpose but it will get used for that reason.

(2012-12-10, 03:43 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: Trying to hide the server's IP address is lazy way to try to secure a site. Forget 'hiding' it, implement services and configurations which make it impossible for an attacker to gain unauthorized access even with the IP address.

Trying to hide your servers IP address is a good thing, it will save you a lot of downtime when kids try to DDOS your site.

You need to hit cloudflare with at least a 5Gbit attack for them to direct the traffic directly to your server. Most people do not have that much power, as they will use an ecatel or a shell booter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Tutorial] How to Help Secure your Forums from being Hacked - by imtiax - 2013-02-18, 04:42 PM