Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.8 Security update breaks the whole theme & customization
(2019-03-01, 09:59 AM)frostschutz Wrote:
Quote:For this they should test the release with every known problem before finally releasing it.

[quote='frostschutz' pid='1325209' dateline='1551434396']

1.8.20 ran through over a month of testing and invited everyone to participate  - see https://community.mybb.com/thread-221648.html

It is very unfortunate that after 1 month of run (though I didn't know about it as I have joined the community only a few days ago) no one able to see the problem which I found just after upgrading. Yes, you can say it is my fault that I did not post it here on that moment. Anyway, after upgrading, almost all the 1.8x or 1.8.x themes are giving problem mainly in login section. In some, login buttons are not working, in some, authorization error. I have found the solution for authorization error, but for non-responsing login buttons.... no, I could not found the solution. Some plugins, like 'Settings Cleaner' are not working and on activation gives a blank page. I would say, these all are the problem of the release because, if a release makes a total forum unstable, then there are some serious issues in that build. And if, after every upgradation, the forum becomes down for few days till someone posts a solution or people have to devote all their time to find a solution, then the software's future will be in big problem. People may say that this is a free software, so people build it at their leisure time, then I would like to say, what about Joomla? It is also a FREE software. It has free plugins, it has free themes and it's support is also community driven. So, it is similar to MyBB. Then how come it became the #1 CMS in the world in every aspect? I should not give my opinion on this or my account may get banned. Smile

(2019-03-01, 09:59 AM)frostschutz Wrote: so not only are you unable to administer your own forum, you don't even know how to ask for help properly.

Look friend, you don't know me, I don't know you. So, whether I can able to administer my forum or not, that is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. If I don't know how to ask for help 'PROPERLY', then I should tell you that, I don't know what you 'contribute', but you don't know how to do it 'PROPERLY'. Because , you people should test it first for any glitch, then comes the beta testers. Anyway, with my humble request, I would request you to end this topic here and not to judge other people who might have achieved more things than you in life.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Security update breaks the whole theme & customization - by DarKMaSk - 2019-03-01, 03:05 PM