MyBBAuth: a MediaWiki extension enabling wiki login via credentials on a MyBB forum
Hi,

I'm attempting to setup this plugin on a brand new install of myBB and MediaWiki in a test environment before I setup MediaWiki on a server with a pre-existing MyBB setup.

I installed myBB version 1.8.22 (I know it's not the latest but that is what is on the production server at the moment) and MediaWiki 1.35.2 on an Ubuntu 20.10 server. (PHP version is 7.4.18)

myBB is installed under the /var/www/mybb/ folder and is working (accessible via https://server.domain.com/)
MediaWiki is installed under the /var/lib/wiki/ folder, and there is a symbolic link under /var/www/mybb/wiki/ so i can access the site via https://server.domain.com/wiki

By default, both installs work.

I downloaded your files using wget and placed it in the following folders
/var/lib/wiki/extensions/MyBBAuth/LICENSE
/var/lib/wiki/extensions/MyBBAuth/README.md
/var/lib/wiki/extensions/MyBBAuth/extension.json
/var/lib/wiki/extensions/MyBBAuth/auth/MyBBAuthenticationProvider.php
/var/lib/wiki/extensions/MyBBAuth/auth/MyBBAuthenticationRequest.php
/var/lib/wiki/extensions/MyBBAuth/i18n/en.json

I then modified my LocalSettings.php and added the following two lines at the end of the file

#wfLoadExtension('MyBBAuth');
$wgMyBBAuthForumPath = '/var/www/mybb/';

I then refreshed the Mediawiki page and all it returns is a blank page. I thought this was a permissions issue accessing the /var/www/mybb/ folder at first, but I discovered this in the Apache error log when I did some further digging.

[Sun May 23 03:35:37.627736 2021] [php7:error] [pid 50290] [client <IP REMOVED>:51785] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: /var/lib/wiki/extensions/MyBBAuth/extension.json is not a valid JSON file. in /var/lib/wiki/includes/registration/ExtensionRegistry.php:349\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/lib/wiki/includes/registration/ExtensionRegistry.php(231): ExtensionRegistry->readFromQueue()\n#1 /var/lib/wiki/includes/Setup.php(161): ExtensionRegistry->loadFromQueue()\n#2 /var/lib/wiki/includes/WebStart.php(89): require_once('/var/lib/wiki/i...')\n#3 /var/lib/wiki/index.php(44): require('/var/lib/wiki/i...')\n#4 {main}\n thrown in /var/lib/wiki/includes/registration/ExtensionRegistry.php on line 349

Did I do something stupid or is there something else on the go here?

Messages In This Thread
RE: MyBBAuth: a MediaWiki extension enabling wiki login via credentials on a MyBB forum - by bgb_ca - 2021-05-23, 04:18 AM