Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[F] phpbb 3 to mybb
Yeh, phpBB 2 BBcodes work differently and the current public RC of the merge system doesn't strip those out. However, the next version will. Today I just went through and fixed a major pain-in-the-a** problem with permissions and private messages and I'm testing it on a rather large installation so once it's done and its confirmed fixed I can post the fixes here
ok..i solved the problems from the phpbb 3 -> smf convertor..smf -> phpbb 2 worked ..the remaining problem is phpbb 2 -> mybb ..but you are saying the next version will solve this..
any news?
If there is news I would have posted about it, and since you didn't seem to be interested in the updated module I never posted it here. Do you want the updated module?
I say you should just convert your board to PhpBB2... Then it won't take as much time when it is crucial.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Doug Adams
Tikitiki Wrote:If there is news I would have posted about it, and since you didn't seem to be interested in the updated module I never posted it here. Do you want the updated module?

of course i want it..what a question..i already said i want to convert phpbb 2 to mybb ..i thought you already know..i said the remaining ''error'' is when i convert phpbb 2 to mybb..that error with the codes..if you can please give me that module which solves the problem with the codes from phpbb 2->mybb conversion.thank you for your help
Replace this in your convert/boards directory

Attached Files
.php   phpbb2.php (Size: 68.5 KB / Downloads: 228)
it's not working.when i import phpBB 2 Forum Permissions it says :There are 1 forum permissions left to import and 0 pages left at a rate of 100 per page.

Inserting permission for forum #2... done
i can't go further.i am pressing redirect but no result
Maybe there was other changes files. I'm at a friends house right now and I'll check latter
Ah,

I accidentally commented out a line. This one will work:

Attached Files
.php   phpbb2.php (Size: 68.5 KB / Downloads: 243)