Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MyBB 1.4.1] "Display posts using the classic layout"
(2008-08-19, 12:19 AM)DennisTT Wrote: In inc/datahandlers/user.php, find:
$this->verify_yesno_option($options, 'classicpostbit', 0);
Replace with:
if($mybb->settings['postlayout'] == 'horizontal')
{
    $this->verify_yesno_option($options, 'classicpostbit', 0);
}
else
{
    $this->verify_yesno_option($options, 'classicpostbit', 1);
}

That should fix the classic postbit setting on registration (it will take the setting from the Admin CP). Please give this a try and let me know if it solves the registration problem.

However, as there's an option for this in the User CP, the User CP option will always override the Admin CP option (or else why would we have a UCP option). The ACP option is for guests, as above poster said.
Thank you, I will give that a try.

(2008-08-19, 12:56 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote:
(2008-08-19, 12:08 AM)GG-Xtreme Wrote: But how could they make such a stupid change and call it a feature? At least have a user/group option in the admin CP to set this. In 1.4, the admin CP option overrode the User CP option, but now that it doesn't, I have to use phpMyAdmin just to change a setting?

We're not 100% perfect and I don't expect you to be either.
I'm sorry if I came across as rude, it's just that I was pretty sure that it was a bug, but when my thread was moved here, I figured that no one else noticed the change between the versions and that I was being mistaken as an idiot. I shouldn't have made that assumption, and I apologize.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [MyBB 1.4.1] "Display posts using the classic layout" - by GG-Xtreme - 2008-08-19, 02:26 AM