Discuss: MyBB 1.1.5 Released
Done!
thanks.
this sounds more like an error in one of the templates frase! Are you sure there's no text somewhere before an opening tag of HTML? Or is your encoding still correct?
Ep2.nl Developers Community running on a modded version of MyBB!
clean URI's, Mass PM, Custom BB, semantic, link to threads, topics, forums, google, wikipedia, flickr, php.net, Thread Templates and more...
I know a little more about the problem now; after doing a bit of time with netcat it would seem that the error is consistently the presence of junk bytes *after* the HTTP headers (ie, at the beginning of the content region) but prior to the beginning of the actual (X)HTML. And it's also happening with 1.1.4 but not on all the same pages (/editpost.php is fine, for example).

The server (Apache 2.0.58 w/ PHP 5.0.4) is currently configured to gzip responses automatically where possible; using nc results in non-compressed output which is where I viewed these errors. The errors are occuring in quite a few pages when the data isn't gzipped, but *most* of those same pages are loading fine in browsers, where the output is being compressed.

The upgrade method was simply replacement of the updated files with their newer versions.

EDIT - the 'junk bytes' are usually 3 or 4 bytes and they don't change between requests, except when the content of the page changes.

t
Did you have GZip page compression enabled under the server settings group? If you do, try disabling it.
Yep, already did that.

EDIT - zlib extension isn't installed anyway. Apache handles all of that.

t
Updated.
I don't know why i'm using myBB.. as i changed from phpBB to myBB, it was because of the security..and now this... :/
Every software has bugs, these will be found in any forum soft or whatever. It's just great to have an awesome team that fixes them so rapidly. Smile
CraKteR Wrote:Every software has bugs, these will be found in any forum soft or whatever. It's just great to have an awesome team that fixes them so rapidly. Smile

True true, but every (good)softwaredeveloper knows what sql injections or whatever are and how to write secure code..
mix-, true. Still have you even looked at the code? It's alot of code to keep track of.