Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moderators & Developers wanted for forum about MyBB
Hi everyone,

I am making a forum that will be about MyBB. We will be offering things such as plugins, themes, support, installation of mods/themes/mybb, etc. We are planning on being a friendly community for people who like MyBB.

I am looking for a few staff members to help out with the forum. I am currently looking for 2-3 moderators/developers.

Moderators
I am looking for moderators to help give support, install stuff for people who request it, develop plugins, create themes, etc. They do not need to be able to do everything on that list, but a few would be nice. Applicants must be willing to be dedicated to the project - and of course, they must love mybb! Smile.

This is currently not a paid job, but in the future it most likely will be. In the future we plan to have some sort of paid subscription/premium membership, which in return moderators would get paid depending on how much we make and such, how active the mod is, etc.

If you are interested in this job, feel free to contact me via private message. In that message, explain why you want the job, what you can do for the site, what you can make, etc. Smile.

Thanks,
NaXuh
- Nishimi Cool [I'm back to MyBB, woot!]
Latest MyBB Plugin: ---
I am making a forum that will be about MyBB. We will be offering things such as plugins, themes, support, installation of mods/themes/mybb, etc. We are planning on being a friendly community for people who like MyBB.

Desribes MyBB.com perfectly. I don't understand why people try and clone MyBB.com
I'm not really trying to "clone" mybb.com.

I'm trying to make a forum that will "showcase" the different features and power of MyBB, as well as give plugins/themes/support.

Yes, you can do pretty much all of that on this site, and I am on here daily, but no one says you have to come to my mybb community. Smile.
(08-18-2011, 04:51 PM)NaXuh Wrote: I'm not really trying to "clone" mybb.com.

I'm trying to make a forum that will "showcase" the different features and power of MyBB, as well as give plugins/themes/support.

Yes, you can do pretty much all of that on this site, and I am on here daily, but no one says you have to come to my mybb community. Smile.

In every sentence you describe MyBB. I don't see why anyone would go to a clone forum over the real official MyBB.com.
I'm not going to get in a fight with you over it - but I don't know, either.

There are many sites such as mybbcentral, mybb-plugins, yaldaram, mybbsource, etc that offer things such as this, which I am going to try myself and see how it goes. Smile.
There's a new one every week.

So, what makes (not "will perhaps make") yours *unique*?
Are you going to give support for hacking, warez, etc. forums? If yes, there you have a point for your project.
yes, there are many other sites giving support to myBB related issues.
AND some people are posting the same issues across different forums ..
as they get it resolved some simply vanish even without thanking helpers

I really do not see the need for another myBB supporting site unless it is for a
different language & it can provide its own high quality plugins & modifications
@linguist - I'm still thinking of something that will make it "super" unique - but for now, it will be offering free installations of plugins, themes, the mybb software, etc, as well as free plugins & modifications. I can't say I make the most high quality plugins in the world as I am still learning, but I will be able to do a good amount I am hoping.

@Sama34 - Not sure.

@ranjani - Yes, there are a lot of them, I know. I'm not out there to try to be one of the "big mybb fansites" or "big providers", but as a community for showing off mybb. I am going to try to provide quality plugins & such, but I am still learning everything. Smile.

Thanks for all of the feedback - it helps.
(08-18-2011, 05:01 PM)NaXuh Wrote: I'm not going to get in a fight with you over it - but I don't know, either.

There are many sites such as mybbcentral, mybb-plugins, yaldaram, mybbsource, etc that offer things such as this, which I am going to try myself and see how it goes. Smile.

Those count. Those are websites for those single developers to showcase their work get feedback etc.