Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Solved: 10 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Turning A Forum into A Business?
Solved: 10 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago
If a forum was as big as HackForums for exaple is it possible to turn it onto A Business (Such as Facebook in a office earning money)
I'm thinking about expanding my forum but need to know if it's ok with Mybb First
Thanks
Spudster
You mean if there a reasonable profit from a forum like HF?
I think that are earning money it's A Huge Forum
I think mybb does not have an issue with the forum. You can use it for money or to chit chat. be sure to full fill mybb TOS
www.vubscs.com ( A new way of Mybb)
Oh it was like that!

You can use mybb for any project while you keep the license, don;t matter what you use it for.

I think that is how it works...
Thanks Big Grin Thinking about expanding my project to A Business in a few years

And how can Mybb close s forum down if it's a software not a host?
(2011-08-28, 08:53 AM)Spudster Wrote: Thanks Big Grin Thinking about expanding my project to A Business in a few years

And how can Mybb close s forum down if it's a software not a host?

They can use your break to the license to sue you and close your project if you remove or change the license.

But you can wait for some team members or advance users to reply, as I'm not very sure what I'm talking about myself...

You can remove mybb copyright without problems btw.
Yeah,Hopefully A Staff member will answer soon
You can use MyBB for whatever you want, but if you remove the copyright you won't be given support here.
--Pyridine
MyBB is free open-source software. As pyridine already said, you can do whatever you want with it and run any kind of forum. But in order to receive help from us, you must comply with our Support Eligibility policy.