Jump to the post that solved this thread.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Not Solved change the default registration group and show warning msg to all users !!!
Not Solved
Hello anybody,
I want to add new group to my forum and want to when users active their accounts insert to this new group that i created it, not the mybb default group. i mean, i want to change mybb default group.

Moreover, the warning message just sent to moderators and i want to sent the warning messages to all users, i mean in mybb only admins and moderators can see new warning message that some user got it, but i want to all users can see warning messages.
please help me how i can do these????
thanks so much.
yours sincerely

Not Solved
(2011-09-14, 02:32 PM)mk007 Wrote: Hello anybody,
I want to add new group to my forum and want to when users active their accounts insert to this new group that i created it, not the mybb default group. i mean, i want to change mybb default group.

Moreover, the warning message just sent to moderators and i want to sent the warning messages to all users, i mean in mybb only admins and moderators can see new warning message that some user got it, but i want to all users can see warning messages.
please help me how i can do these????
thanks so much.
yours sincerely

Why ? but if you want to just edit the user groups
Not in this land alone,
But be God's mercies known,
From shore to shore!
Lord make the nations see,
That men should brothers be,
And form one family,
The wide world ov'er

Not Solved
Open ./member.php

Find:
// Set up user handler.

Replace with:
// Edit for default registration group...
if ($usergroup == 2)
	$usergroup = 6; // Replace the 6 with the group ID you want...

// Set up user handler.
Private Messages for support will be discarded.
Not Solved
thanks so much for your response.
Is there anybody can help me for second question???
especial thanks for (Masayoshi)
Not Solved
Open ./usercp.php

Find:
if($mybb->settings['enablewarningsystem'] != 0 && $mybb->settings['canviewownwarning'] != 0)

Replace with:
if ($mybb->settings['enablewarningsystem'] != 0)

There are probably more spots to make this work better, but why exactly do you want other users to see warnings of other users?
Not Solved
thanks,
because, i want to punish users who didn't pay attention to our rules.
Not Solved
Might want to make this edit also,

Open ./member.php

Find:
if($mybb->settings['enablewarningsystem'] != 0 && $memperms['canreceivewarnings'] != 0 && ($mybb->usergroup['canwarnusers'] != 0 || ($mybb->user['uid'] == $memprofile['uid'] && $mybb->settings['canviewownwarning'] != 0)))

Replace with:
if($mybb->settings['enablewarningsystem'] != 0 && $memperms['canreceivewarnings'] != 0 && ($mybb->usergroup['canwarnusers'] != 0 || ($mybb->user['uid'] == $memprofile['uid'])))
Not Solved
my friend,
i did it but didn't work...
Not Solved
Alter it further to this:

if($mybb->settings['enablewarningsystem'] != 0 && $memperms['canreceivewarnings'] != 0 && ($mybb->usergroup['canwarnusers'] != 0))
Not Solved
once again! didn't work.
Jump to the post that solved this thread.