Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.0 PM Functions
I think it would be useful if we can have custom PM functions. By this I mean in PM's we can say something like this:

Quote:Hello {username},

Hi my name is {myprofile} and I am just here to say hello.

Thanks!
{myusername}
{myemail}

Then it will output something like this:

Quote:Hello faviouz,

Hi my name is Jason L. and I am just here to say hello.

Thanks!
Jason L.
[email protected]

eh?
This could probably be made as a plugin in 1.6 even.
-Paul H.

Cogisne lingua latina?
Cool idea, you know I think I might actually start working on that and making it into a plugin for 1.6 Smile

Maybe make an official request if you like: http://www.mybbmods.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16
My Plugins: [1.8]|[1.6]

** Selling custom plugin that enables Bitcoin payments. PM me if interested in purchasing! **
accident
Instead of typing out a variable why not just type out the information? Am I missing some other functionality of this?
good u
(2011-10-19, 01:35 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: Instead of typing out a variable why not just type out the information? Am I missing some other functionality of this?

Well, it would be easier to send mass messages to multiple users with their usernames. Of course there is other uses but that's just one of them.
Oh, didn't see that. In that case, yes it's useful.
good u
(2011-10-19, 01:35 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: Instead of typing out a variable why not just type out the information? Am I missing some other functionality of this?

Also useful for looking a bit more professional tbh, instead of misspelling someone's username or typing a wrong username altogether.

Lots of little nifty time-saving uses in addition.
My Plugins: [1.8]|[1.6]

** Selling custom plugin that enables Bitcoin payments. PM me if interested in purchasing! **
I think there is no need for a plugin, its something you can do with small edits, I've written a tutorial: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=2829 This'll help you to add any thing you would like to Personalize Wink