Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Not Solved Help
Not Solved
Ok so I just found this place and I really want to make a forum. I downloaded everything and then found the installation instructions. I didn't have smart FTP or any of those other programs so I downloaded smart FTP, I thine watched a tutorial on how to connect I figured out my ip address and my host name, but wen I tried to connect it kept saying that my machine was refusing the connect that brought me to support for that program I did everything It told me to do I unblocked the conections and everything does anyone have any solutions or maybe a better program
Thanks
Not Solved
this should help : [Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) ; Installing MyBB Video : http://goo.gl/VGxTQ
Not Solved
Thank I will lOok at them later today Smile
Not Solved
(2011-12-20, 06:31 AM)BeastlyHobos Wrote: Ok so I just found this place and I really want to make a forum. I downloaded everything and then found the installation instructions. I didn't have smart FTP or any of those other programs so I downloaded smart FTP, I thine watched a tutorial on how to connect I figured out my ip address and my host name, but wen I tried to connect it kept saying that my machine was refusing the connect that brought me to support for that program I did everything It told me to do I unblocked the conections and everything does anyone have any solutions or maybe a better program
Thanks

Filezilla is good but it is an idea to not over complex your thoughts ... if the instructions say upload a folder to your server just do that via drag and drop then run the installation script which could be www.myforum/install/index.php
if you can run that just follow the instructions
Not in this land alone,
But be God's mercies known,
From shore to shore!
Lord make the nations see,
That men should brothers be,
And form one family,
The wide world ov'er

Not Solved
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
You can also use WS_FTP LE (Ipswitch)

http://www.wsftple.com/

All info at site!