Jump to the post that solved this thread.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 10 Years, 6 Months ago Attachment Perms Un-ticking
Solved: 10 Years, 6 Months ago
One of my sub-forums suddenly stopped allowing the Attachment button, so no images can be posted there now. It's always been present until sometime yesterday. I checked the permissions for the various user groups under that forum and the 'Can Post Attachments' was unticked for all groups.

I ticked it for all groups both under the forum & sub-forum permissions but it will only stay ticked for a couple of groups. Don't know that anyone needs a shot but here it is anyway.

I've ticked it numerous times since last night & it stayed ticked long enough for me to believe I'd fixed it because I'd uploaded an image to show everyone it was solved, but this morning same condition & now it unticks immediately for all but two groups. No other forums or sub-forums are experiencing this problem.

have you checked attachment permissions for the parent forum / category ..
Fixed in [Issue #1839].

Either wait until the next release, or apply the changes in [Revision: 5720]
No longer involved in the MyBB project.
(2011-12-29, 01:25 PM)ranjani Wrote: have you checked attachment permissions for the parent forum / category ..

Yes. Sorry - I didn't use the proper terminology. When I said forum & sub-forum I meant cat & forum.

(2011-12-29, 01:25 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: Fixed in [Issue #1839].

Either wait until the next release, or apply the changes in [Revision: 5720]

I'll delve into this. I was waiting to upgrade to 1.65 until some of the bugs were worked out.

oh! Thank You Malcolm Smile

@ kevin, I was not referring to the terminology !!
(2011-12-29, 01:40 PM)ranjani Wrote: @ kevin, I was not referring to the terminology !!

I was just letting you know I used the wrong terminology, so we'd be on the same page and there'd be no confusion to my answer.

Malcolm, is that the exact revision I need to add, or do I need to modify it to my particular usergroup. I assume the "1" in "['gid']] == 1)" should be changed to reflect the gid where I'm having trouble?
Simply remove the pink highlighted code from ./admin/inc/functions.php Smile
Ah so I had it backward. I have removed the text you directed, but haven't saved yet. Should I also remove the empty space created by the delete, or does that matter?
Doesn't really matter, PHP doesn't take into account blank lines. Smile
Thanks for the fast and helpful replies Nathan & Ran. So far the perms have remained ticked!
Jump to the post that solved this thread.