Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
[For 1.8] Username Change Approval, Limit and History
(2012-03-13, 01:35 AM)Wirral.Talk Wrote: I have clicked on the link and it says:

Invalid Download
The download you are attempting to view appears to be invalid.

I was updating the plugin to fix two small bugs, it's working now.Smile
My GitHub | Galaxies Realm

Please do not PM me for support; use the forum instead
Thanks for this. Requests:

Allow us to show how many changes user has left for the next x days, e.g. I go to change my username:

You can change your username 1 time in the next 37 days.

If user cannot change their username at all, we should be able to disable username field and add a custom message.

Thanks!
Hello, your plugin has two XHTML issues that cause W3 validator to fail.
Patch attached.

Regards,
NewEraCracker

PS: Patch had to be zipped else cloudflare woudn't let me upload it.

Attached Files
.zip   Username-Change-Approval-1.1_xhtml_fix.zip (Size: 671 bytes / Downloads: 116)
-- NewEraCracker
(2013-09-10, 06:22 PM)NewEraCracker Wrote: Hello, your plugin has two XHTML issues that cause W3 validator to fail.
Patch attached.

Regards,
NewEraCracker

PS: Patch had to be zipped else cloudflare woudn't let me upload it.

Thanks, I'll be including that fix in the next version.

hello I installed it where abouts is the settings to change how many change's you can have
(2013-09-13, 12:58 AM)tdbnz Wrote: hello I installed it where abouts is the settings to change how many change's you can have

Admin CP -> Users & Groups -> Manage User Groups -> Edit User Group -> Account Management (under the Users and Permissions tab).

Hello I think there should be a notification in the index page with the count of approval requests to make it easier for admins to spot such.

I have done a little patch that you can use to add such functionality.

Keep up with the good plugins.

Post edited @ 15:34 UTC - Added a newer patch with better implementation (XHTML fix is also included).

Attached Files
.gz   Username-Change-Approval-1.1_xhtml_and_index_notification.diff.gz (Size: 1.71 KB / Downloads: 112)
-- NewEraCracker
(2013-10-30, 01:51 AM)NewEraCracker Wrote: Hello I think there should be a notification in the index page with the count of approval requests to make it easier for admins to spot such.

Thanks, I had been meaning to implement something like that.

I've updated the plugin on the mods site. The new version:
  • Adds Administrator notice on front end of username changes awaiting approval (from the patch above though I've made a few changes).
  • Fixed XHTML errors mentioned above
  • Moved username history bit in user's profile from hardcoded HTML to template.
To update, Deactivate plugin (do not uninstall!), upload new files, and Activate.

Good plugin. Thank you!
Hello,

Great idea on the plugin however it seems to just stack each groups permissions.

If you had staff as your primary group & premium as an addition or the other way around etc, on the change username page it would tell you the restrictions for both.

e.g [Image: cee13bebad.png]

When both of the groups you're in require approval also, they output 2 admin notices so it's acting like it is 2 different users or something.

Thanks.